• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Acceptances to RMC - When sent out?

For the recruiters floating around here, do any of you know if the AP score standard (or cutoff for job offers, if you will) is raised <b>or</b> lowered for selection by the ROTP selection boards that are still to come?

If this question is unclear let me know.

infamous_p said:
For the recruiters floating around here, do any of you know if the AP score standard (or cutoff for job offers, if you will) is raised <b>or</b> lowered for selection by the ROTP selection boards that are still to come?

If this question is unclear let me know.

Why should it be?

kincanucks said:
Why should it be?

Out of curiosity. I was told today that my AP score fell "just <u>barely</u>" underneath the standard for the round that was just selected. Also was informed that the majority of the time, the AP score standard is <b>increased</b> for subsequent selection boards, in comparison to the prior.

Not only would I like to have a general idea of where I stand in this CT / ROTP process, I am also trying to understand how the process that I (along with many others) am going through - thus I seek to confirm the information I receive with others who are also in the know.

I'm going to guess, pure speculation, that the reason the CFAT score would be increased for future boards would be to balance out the reasons those people didn't get a call in the first place. In other words, say someone wasn't picked the first time because of poor grades, then they might have a shot later on if their CFAT score was high enough to balance that out.

Pure speculation though, could be and probably is very wrong.

CFAT score? I'm pretty sure that AP refers to academic potential, not the CFAT score.

I'm curious to know more about the process as well. The CFRC described to me that applicants recieve points reflecting their AP, performance on CFAT, interview, previous service, extra curriculars, etc. Then they are merit listed according to their point standing (Please correct me if I am wrong). I would really like to know the number of positions allotted to each MOSID, and whether certain trades are selected at different times/selection boards.

I do know people who got their offers late May of last year, so there is plenty of time left. Just remember that a watched pot never boils.

i know there are 108 positions for land operations, divided up 30 armour, 30 arty and 48 infantry
since this group is the one im applying to, i have no idea of any others, hopefully this is helpful to someone

I got accepted for the second time.  I've explained to them the first time I failed IAP for the lack of OLQs and motivation to continue on the course during the interview, and how I have matured through my days working in the real world, (which I never did before the first IAP) and the fact that I'm taking up Engineering in my current University may or may not have helped. 
However, I got a call two days later explaining that they have just seen my files during my first IAP the report was quite terrible for the OLQ part.  I've explained to her that I went in with the wrong motivation, and wanted to get out since the first week.  Now after two years I've grown more mature and I am willing to put my life on the line to defend this wonderful nation. My recruiter simply said "I'll keep on communicating with you."  Since then it has been a week and I have yet to hear from her. Chances are that I'm not going to RMC, but for those who have been accepted, you must appreciate this wonderful opportunity. Set high demands for yourself and think about the decision that you are making, it is when you've come to realize that you will not regret your decisions even one bit is when you are ready embrace this family of brothers.  :salute:

That's really easy for you to say. I doubt you'll get in though, once something like that happens....well you know  :-\

SAUVE said:
That's really easy for you to say. I doubt you'll get in though, once something like that happens....well you know  :-\

Did you have a similar experience you can share or are you just talking because you feel like it?  I know for a fact that coming in after being kicked out/releasing is possible.

Max

Is it just me or is this thread aproaching its "best before" date ?

SupersonicMax said:
Did you have a similar experience you can share or are you just talking because you feel like it?  I know for a fact that coming in after being kicked out/releasing is possible.

Max

I'm simply stating my opinion.  I'm sure many agree with me, two years isn't that much time.  If you didn't have the desire then, then you likely dont now.
I'm a 4th year ROTP cadet at Guelph university

SAUVE said:
I'm simply stating my opinion.  I'm sure many agree with me, two years isn't that much time.  If you didn't have the desire then, then you likely dont now.

Well, I can tell you wrong again...  From very close sources.  I'm an ROTP graduate from 2 years ago.

Max

Unless theres something strikingly new, this topic is being locked.

PM a mod if you have something that really, really has to be added.

Milnet.ca staff

I have direct questions for SAUVE, so I have unlocked this thread.
Did you enter university at age 13/14?
Which of these two quotes from you is the truth?

SAUVE said:

http://forums.army.ca/forums/members/28885
(filled out by you 28 Feb)

I was put ahead a few years back in grade school, applied for ROTP last year and already had time under....

Back