• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Acceptances to RMC - When sent out?

Smitty1690 said:
So I got a call today from RMC while I was at school, I hope it's not early rejection!! Would they reject this early, seeing as files are kept open until may, or could this have been good news?? :eek:

Smitty1690 said:
I did! Everybody at the admissions office is gone for the weekend...

RMC called you, or the CFRC?

(The message was relayed to me because I was out when the call came in)...I'm not sure why RMC would call me instead of the CFRC

Generally the CFRC is the one who calls about acceptance. The review board simply sends their regards back to the CFRC after making their choices, and leave it up to the local CFRCs to deliver the news.

Smitty1690 said:
Yeah, that's why I'm confused ???

Perhaps the one who answered the phone and relayed the message to you got the two of them mixed up?  :-\

CFRC Vancouver said that they would start calling this month.  I am pretty nervous because none of my 3 references received calls from the CF, yet.

I applied for RMC St. Jean and ROTP at UBC or SFU.  Are junior applicants selected later, or something like that?

I haven't heard anything about Junior applicants being selected later. Although It could be true...I've heard things are being done differently this year...just rumors though.

billypark said:
CFRC Vancouver said that they would start calling this month.  I am pretty nervous because none of my 3 references received calls from the CF, yet.

I applied for RMC St. Jean and ROTP at UBC or SFU.  Are junior applicants selected later, or something like that?

I doubt it, all of the guys at my aircrew selection last week had already received their conditional ROTP offers (based on passing aircrew), many going from high school to RMC.

Troops, don't worry too much and don't bite your nails to the bone.  Some folks don't get the call until April or even May.  If your references' letters were good, they may not get a call in person - remember the selection people have mounds of applications to do through and mounds of correspondence to study.

Best of luck to both those who've been called and to those who are still waiting.

billypark said:

Don't sweat it, there's still 2 more selection boards to sit. 2nd in April and 3rd in late May/early June.

billypark said:
Oh man.  I thought the 2nd selection was in March.  :(

Or something like that, listen..I've heard of offers coming out as late as August and as many as 5 selection boards. The best advice I can shead is to wait for that call no matter how tedious. Remember not all calls share good news.

Also remember that if you haven't rec'd acceptance from your University than you'll receive a conditional offer. CF has nothing to do with you getting in.

Acceptances can be sent out as late as August? I thought IAP was in July  ???

I didn't get in  :'( because my marks last year weren't high enough. My choices were 1.Pilot 2. Air Nav 3. Mars, so it makes sense because pilot and air nav are so highly competitive. I'm strongly considering joining the reserves, doing better in school, and re-applying next year for Infantry, Mars, and something else( ???)

Smitty1690 said:
I didn't get in  :'( because my marks last year weren't high enough. My choices were 1.Pilot 2. Air Nav 3. Mars, so it makes sense because pilot and air nav are so highly competitive. I'm strongly considering joining the reserves, doing better in school, and re-applying next year for Infantry, Mars, and something else( ???)

Are you in high school or university? What is/was your average?

I'm in high school, grade 12. My average has been pretty good this year, with my courses in the 70's, but last year killed me because I failed 2 courses.

Smitty1690 said:
Acceptances can be sent out as late as August? I thought IAP was in July  ???

And if you get accepted in August then you don't get to do IAP!

We actually have a whole score of cadets here who didn't do IAP before coming here. They did do a 2 week indoctrination course in St.Jean with all of the cadets going to prep year. They learned basic drill, got kitted out etc.

We gave them all the nickname "two weekers" and thought better of ourselves because we'd complete IAP and they hadn't... and then we woke up...

Lumber said:
We gave them all the nickname "two weekers" and thought better of ourselves because we'd complete IAP and they hadn't... and then we woke up...

I had never heard of people in that situation before. How did the integration work out for them ? Were there any issues with them since they did not really complete "basic training" before starting their time at RMC ?

CDN Aviator said:
I had never heard of people in that situation before. How did the integration work out for them ? Were there any issues with them since they did not really complete "basic training" before starting their time at RMC ?

About half of the 'two weekers' that I became friends with had either reserve or cadet experience, and had no problem adapting to the lifestyle. I don't know if that was because the group as a whole had a higher proportion of those with cadet/reserve experience or if just be chance the ones I befriended were as such. In any case, I still knew many who had no military experience whatsoever and they fit in just fine. First, the spent two weeks in St.Jean where they covered all the drill, the dress and the deportment. Second, their first experience at RMC was for FYOP. Since ever minute of everyday for those first 4 weeks someone has or is telling you what to do, you can't really not fit in, unless you're just not cut out; if your heart's not in it, and that would apply to those who had completed IAP anyways.

Did I answer your question alright? I'm not sure how to establish their 'integration', but if you mean did they stand straight and tall when called to attention and know that a Sgt is a Sgt and a Captain is Captain etc? Well then yes, good as any other.

Back