• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Acceptances to RMC - When sent out?

Thanks for that, I didn't know that. I figure either way, I'll have a kick ass job! Hopefully I'll do alright at RMC without basic training, I'm a 5'1" woman and I may just need some help over that damn wall!! ;)

congrats on the news breezie! i was waiting again today for the call...its getting harder and harder to wait and im trying to resist calling them! patience is a virtue as they say haha

Congrats breezie! I got accepted today as well, for Sea Operations (aka MARS), which was my first choice. Possibly the best phone call I've ever received.

I got told the same thing for BOTC (IAP), so I guess everyone who's accepted this year does it summer 2009. What we will be doing is 4 week RMC intro course, at RMC. I don't know if this was the practice in earlier years, but I do know that my reporting date to RMC is August 3rd.

Good luck to everyone else! There's still another two rounds of selections (IIRC).

Thanks for that cheeky monkey (love the handle by the way!), that clears things up a bit! I'll probably be on the same course as you then. I haven't been given any more details, was told that would come in a few weeks.

Can't wait to get into my scarlets!! I'll look hot! :-*

Oh yes, and to stay on topic,

Congratulations too all of you who obtained your early acceptances,

I wish I had received mine early, it would have saved me a lot of sweat and worry!

See you around the college, have fun on FYOP :)

Topic has been cleaned up. 

For those wishing to further discuss the rigors of service and its expectations, where I am not posting as a moderator, but a site member, the messages removed have been posted here.

The Milnet.ca staff

Got the call on the 12th here from CFRC Saskatoon. They have to send my file down to Regina where I'm living. I applied for infantry and armour but the steno said first year infantry, armour, and artillery are being thrown in the same crap pile, and we'd get a chance to pick our trade depending on vacancies and how well we did during the year. I accepted my offer and they said I'd be shipping me out Aug 2nd. Don't really know where I'm going yet or what's in store for me, but I can worry about that later I got miles to run and push ups to do.

Quite surprised I got a call this early considering I've been graduated for two years and I have just been working oil rigs since I got out of high school. I applied last year but I didn't make the cut. I guess I got lucky this year. Anyways, anybody else from Sask get the call let me know. 

lex luger said:
Don't really know where I'm going yet or what's in store for me, but I can worry about that later I got miles to run and push ups to do.

Best first post ever. Welcome to army.ca, and congrats!

Anyone from the Oshawa CFRC get their ROTP acceptance yet? Also for those of you across Canada who have received your acceptances are you only going to RMC or to CIVI-U?

trentonmilwife said:
Anyone from the Oshawa CFRC get their ROTP acceptance yet? Also for those of you across Canada who have received your acceptances are you only going to RMC or to CIVI-U?

Civi, got my acceptance last Friday.

trentonmilwife said:

RMC for me, that's what I put as my first choice. I wouldn't complain with civie though.

I was told I'd have to wait until the end of the school year to find out whether I get an offer or not, I'm applying out of a Civi U with prior reserve service.

you would have to wait untill the end of your university year? what CFRC are you applying out of? are you planning on staying with your civie university? i think perhaps i might be in the same boat as you. they told me sometime in febuary (CFRC Halifax), but i am also applying from civie university as well as a CT from the reserves.

-HD007

I applied out of CFRC Charlottetown. I don't really understand why it takes so long, seeing as the first board sat on 29 Jan. Perhaps it has to do with people applying directly out of high school or something.

who knows, perhaps they want to make sure you passed your year of university, that sounds kinda of reasonable. were you told you needed to complete a CF express test for April?

I was told from the CFRC London that Acceptances to RMC are being sent out at the beginning of February...  Half way through and nothing yet.  Called today and they said that they haven't heard back from RMC yet!  All this waiting sucks! 
-Domagala :cdn:

Well everyone, I was accepted today from CFRC Vancouver. Intelligence Officer, air element, subsidized to carry on at the University of British Columbia. I am more than a little bit stoked! :D

Back