• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

ABout to start reserves recruitment process... A few questions first

Greenr said:
which in my opinion is quite hefty.

It is not your opinion that matters, sorry.

Will they listen to what I say

Last i checked, if you have not been clean for the specified period, you will be told to come back and try again when you have.

Last time I checked, that's what opinion means. But thanks everyone!

I still haven't gotten this answered though, is my drug test done when I go in for my medical?

Why ruin the surprise?  You will be tested when you get tested.

Well my buddy went in today and was told there's quite a few spots open. Damn weed, waiting is a punishment well deserved I suppose. Seriously though, at what stage am I drug tested? I'm only going to assume medical, unless it's during reliability screening which I guess could make sense.

My application would probably be ready for next winter then - I know there's BMQ in the summer I can goto Quebec for, which is out of the question. But what about in the winter? Would I just do it on the weekends or..?

Are you joining the regular or reserve force ?

If regular, you will go to Quebec for BMQ and if you are accepted, you will go when the CF tells you to.

Greenr said:
Well my buddy went in today and was told there's quite a few spots open. Damn weed, waiting is a punishment well deserved I suppose. Seriously though, at what stage am I drug tested? I'm only going to assume medical, unless it's during reliability screening which I guess could make sense.

My application would probably be ready for next winter then - I know there's BMQ in the summer I can goto Quebec for, which is out of the question. But what about in the winter? Would I just do it on the weekends or..?

Most of my experience comes from the Regular Forces, but if you're unable to attend a Summer BMQ course in St. Jean then you'd be slotted onto a regional BMQ with other people applying for reservist positions in your area, as far as I know. They are usually run on consecutive weekends and feature condensed material similar to if not identical to the full 14-week BMQ course in St. Jean, but they've also run six week courses as well out of Aldershot and Gagetown in my region. Take what I say with a grain of salt though, I just have second-hand knowledge of all the reservist courses as I only experienced the Reg F side of things.

Don't look at having to wait as a punishment buddy, we all have lives prior to the military and it just means you'll have to wait a little longer before starting this one, it's not the end of the world. Go into this whole thing with a positive attitude and the wait time will fly by.

Back