• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

About the running part

rcac_011 said:
And by helping out weaker members you will look a lot better and may top the course "ready to go".10km in 45 minutes is good but try yourself out on a ten kilometer run outside.Treadmills are OK but are easier than outside running.9:36 for 2.4 km is also respectable,keep at it and the seconds will fly off your timings.

Congrats on joining the army in good physical condition.And try to top it,if everyone trys to top it you will have a good course.Strive for the best.

+1 rcac_011

HL

Just ran a hilly 10k in 60 min. Every second of it was pure hell :crybaby:. However, I'm a few days away from getting an offer from the CF so I guess it's not that bad after all.

What kind of areas do you all run in?

I always run outside and end up looking like a creeper because people think I'm running from the cops or something. Does anyone else get this? Most people don't understand why a male of my age would be "jogging".

S.Smith said:
What kind of areas do you all run in?

I always run outside and end up looking like a creeper because people think I'm running from the cops or something. Does anyone else get this? Most people don't understand why a male of my age would be "jogging".

What do you dress like?  Are you dress in PT gear, or are you dressed up like a "Gang Banger"?

George Wallace said:
What do you dress like?  Are you dress in PT gear, or are you dressed up like a "Gang Banger"?

PT gear all the way.

Sometimes I think I may be less noticeable if I were a "Gang Banger". I live right at  Yonge and don't have much choice other then  to use main streets most of the time.

Don't have a park nearby?  The added agility challenge of not stepping on used needles and condoms shouldn't be overlooked, either.

Don't worry about someone staring.I'm in country bumpkinland here and running here gets a few weird looks.Mostly I think its country folk trying to figure out who's son you are, and how you got so much energy if you just put in a full days work bagging feed.In Newfoundland you end up stopping every 10 minutes to tell someone your not in a hurry and don't need a ride.Yep I hear yah,old people get freaked out easy. To make your run more enjoyable take a purse with you and keep looking behind you.....or a bag with a dollar sign if a purse is a little to "gay" for you.

In seriousness who cares who's looking at you,you will stand out in some places where running isn't so popular.Good work and keep it up.Around army bases its the norm to see people running so no one really notices.

As for they guy who asked where to be when coming on course,go for the best possible but be well under 5 minute per km and be able to maintain that for 5 km.Run further to drop you re 5 km timings.

Anyone needs help feel free to PM me,I'm one of those running addicts.
I may also be instructing at the running room this fall so feel free to drop in and join up.

I kind of like the funny looks I get from people running through ditches, on the highways and railroad tracks with heavy camo pants and no shirt in the rain (for example)^-^.

Does anyone else get this? Most people don't understand why a male of my age would be "jogging".

When I run by I silently hope there is no shadow of a doubt in their minds that there a soldier in training right in front of their eyes and they think "he's doing that for me". Maybe if they see us and our dedication it will inspire them a little bit. :salute: Afterall, how essential is running to the army?

ready to go said:
I kind of like the funny looks I get from people running through ditches, on the highways and railroad tracks with heavy camo pants and no shirt in the rain (for example)
so you should. I'd point and laugh, personally.

ready to go said:
I kind of like the funny looks I get from people running through ditches, on the highways and railroad tracks with heavy camo pants and no shirt in the rain (for example)^-^.

When I run by I silently hope there is no shadow of a doubt in their minds that there a soldier in training right in front of their eyes and they think "he's doing that for me". Maybe if they see us and our dedication it will inspire them a little bit. :salute: Afterall, how essential is running to the army?

::)

wow, just wow

I kind of like the funny looks I get from people running through ditches, on the highways and railroad tracks with heavy camo pants and no shirt in the rain

I love to run in camo paint - that's it - no pants no shirt no nothing - I look a bit like Martin Sheen sticking his head out of the river in Apocalypse Now...the chics dig it  8)

ready to go said:
When I run by I silently hope there is no shadow of a doubt in their minds that there a soldier in training right in front of their eyes and they think "he's doing that for me".

I am sure there is a shadow of a doubt in their head so you should become an army.ca subscriber and wear your army.ca t-shirt when you run.

Back