• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

A Suggestion for the New CDS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GUNS

Inactive
Reaction score
Send Old Service Vets to Afghanistan.  :warstory:;)

I am very close to 60 years old and the CF thinks I'm to old to track down terrorists.
They've got the whole thing ass-backwards.
Instead of sending our young men and women off to fight, they ought to take us old soldiers.

For starters:

Researchers say that young people think about sex every 10 seconds.
Us old soldiers only think about sex a couple of times a day, leaving us more than 28,000 additional seconds per day to concentrate on the enemy.

Young soldiers have not been on this earth long enough to be cranky, and a cranky soldier is a dangerous soldier.
" My back hurts! I can't sleep, I'm tired and hungry" We are impatient and maybe letting us kill some a**hole that desperately deserves it will make us feel better and shut us up for a while.

Young people have trouble getting up early.
Us old soldiers always get up early to pee, so what to hell.
Besides, like I said,"I'm tired and can't sleep and since I'm already up, I may as well be up killing some fanatical son of a b**ch.

Boot camp would be easier for us old soldiers. We're used to getting screamed and yelled at and we are used to soft food.
They could lighten up on the obstacle course however. Some of us old soldiers have served overseas  and have yet to see a 20 foot wall with a rope hanging over the side.
Nor did I ever have to do push-ups while looking for the enemy. Actually the running part is kind of a waste of energy,too. I've never seen anyone out run a bullet.

Young soldiers have the whole world ahead of them. They are still learning to shave, how to strike up a conversation with a pretty girl. Most young soldiers haven't figured out that a baseball cap has a brim to shade your eyes, not the back of your neck.

These are all good reasons to keep the young soldiers home to learn more about life before sending them into harm's way.

Let us old soldiers track down those dirty rotten coward terrorists. The last thing the enemy would want to see is a couple of thousand pissed off old soldiers with attitudes and automatic weapons who know their best years are already behind them.

right on, GUNS!  I just need a little refresher course and I will be good to go.  And........dry heat is good for my rheumatism!

It would also add credibility when conducting shuras with local elders... ;D

Gents, this is at least the third time this has been posted.  Please do a search first in the future.

army.ca staff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back