• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

A Sqn 8CH

gifrank

Inactive
Reaction score
Just a question for any of those who were C Sqn RCD or A Sqn 8CH.
After going to the pay office in regards to the new points system for this field pay thing.
They are telling me that the A Sqn time is NOT on there list for units intitled for these points. Weren't we a field unit deploying to the Ice Storm or Sov ops in the Arctic.  Or were we just part of the dreaded school system?  I am just getting shrugged shoulders to this and no one with any rank to do anything about this.  The ORG ID for this unit is 003250 on our MPRR.

If there is any one with some influence can you please look into this.

gifrank said:
After going to the pay office in regards to the new points system for this field pay thing.
They are telling me that the A Sqn time is NOT on there list for units intitled for these points. Weren't we a field unit deploying to the Ice Storm or Sov ops in the Arctic.  Or were we just part of the dreaded school system?  I am just getting shrugged shoulders to this and no one with any rank to do anything about this.  The ORG ID for this unit is 003250 on our MPRR.

It wasn't listed here in theater either and I made it a point to let them know exactly what we did all those years ago. C Sqn wasn't a part of the School and neither was A Sqn.

Maybe Col Hindel, Col Russel, Maj Cross, Armour Corps RSM Kitching, CWO Head etc can make some calls...

Regards

Thanks..I am wandering if it is that "total force concept" is rearing his little head again.

Wow, I filled out my paperwork "survey" the other day for the LDA.  I hadn't considered the ice storm, nor Saguenay, nor any other ops like that.  I went back only as far as 07.

gifrank said:

You may want to see what date the Regulation comes into effect.  I don't think anyone in those Units prior to this Regulation coming into effect can expect any back pay.  I would love to get it, but highly doubt anyone prior to 2007/2008 is going to see anything.  I'd be a millionaire if they did.

BASED ON SUBMISSIONS FROM ECS/COMMANDS AND IAW THE DEFINITION OF
FIELD UNITS AT REF A, THE FOLLOWING UNITS ARE DESIGNATED AS FIELD
UNITS FOR THE PURPOSE OF LDA EFFECTIVE 1 APR 07. READ IN TWO
COLUMNS

So, if you were in those units prior to 1 April 2007, you are out of luck.  If you were in those units after 1 April 2007 then you are entitled to backpay.  If your unit isn't listed, then someone in your upper echelon should make the inquiries.

All the examples of the Ice Storm, Winnipeg floods, Sovereignty Exercises that took place before 1 April 2007 don't count.

Which brings up the points concept I had heard talk about... those deployments could possibly count towards a point programme if they were to instill one, no? 

If that were the case then they would become important to mention.

Thanks for all responding.
The Issue is not back pay as we were all there in the 80/90s prior to the disbandment. The point is actually the points for being in a operational unit. Then this brings your levels up then when you do get back pay you are at a specific level.  It is a very confusing topic however I think i have down pat. Until someone else has a question then I start to second guess my self. LOL. But that is the just of it right now.

Knowing you Frank, you DO NOT deserve any extra pay!! hahaha Hows the convicts?

things are really good here, I am the Rehab NCO. I got this gig after TF1-08. Its hard learning to be the good cop in here, But I like the hours and the everybody are good people.
Private message me I dont know who you are..

Back