• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

A sense of pride

theguns

Inactive
Reaction score
I know we have all heard it before, the slander and derogatory remarks made about us to us all about being in the army.  I also know that it goes without saying that we all have an indistinguishable amount of pride for what we do. And ad mist all the negative comments toward us and all the positive support we have, I very recently was involved in an incident in where the words of a child caused me to have even more pride in myself and my brothers and sisters serving around the world.

I was walking downtown one day in uniform after work when a gentleman came up to me and confronted me about my choice to be in the army. I just stood there and took this verbal assault, when the little boy who was with him who was no doubt his son looked up at him and said and I quote "Why are you being mean to the Army man?  He's my hero leave him alone!" 

This comment stopped the man in his tracks and like a scolded dog left with his tail between his legs.  To me the fact that a little child we stand up to his father for a soldier who he knows nothing about makes me proud to know that we as soldiers day in andday out are fighting the good fight.

"To a gunner there are two types of people, other gunners and targets"

Wow good story thanks for sharing.  Kind of gets you thinking...

wow that's amazing, wish i could have been there to see the father's/man's face

God bless the children..............  :salute:

There you have it ladies and gentlemen.......... There's why we do what we do without question. Our Country & her future generations.  Thanks for sharing that.

Nicely done Guns!!!! Where the hell did this happen, an NDP riding i presume? 

"Sir, I do what I do, so to ensure that people such as yourself have the right to be critical of me for doing what I do"

actually i think it was a conservative riding but this city's downtown core is rotten so who knows

Bravo to the little boy.  However I feel sad he has an a-hole for a dad....hopeful he doesn't get brainwashed as he grows up

that is where the saying "I dont agree with what you say, but I will defend your right to say it" comes into play.Well done to the kid, and to you for holidng your fists at you side. :salute:

Great stroy sometimes it takes little kids to say something so the even bigger kids know when to remove the foot from their mouths, Great post.

Desert Fox said:
"Sir, I do what I do, so to ensure that people such as yourself have the right to be critical of me for doing what I do"

Great line, mind if I use it sometime?
Great story guns, gives you that little lump in your throat.
Bet'cha walked a wee bit taller after that?

:salute:

That's amazing! I've never had anyone come up and give me any grief when in uniform...usually quite the opposite. In the old days when we were all in the jolly green suit there were a lot of people who didn't know what I did for a living (an old lady in Vancouver asked what time my bus left) but since DEU came back and we look like soldiers, sailors and air persons I find that most people are very positive.

Again there are idiots everywhere....but hey we're here to defend them and their rights as others have pointed out.

Class act that kid. I hope he didn't get a beating for his troubles when he got home.

Back