• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

A Sad Day in the RCR - CWO Joel Sorbie, RSM 3RCR

A truly sad day for the 3rd Battalion. I knew Joel from my time with the Glens, and a truly great soldier he was.

Up the Glens, Joel!

I haven't had the privilege of meeting this soldier but it sounds like we lost a good man.  My best for his family and loved ones.
:salute:

RSM Sorbie was a role model to every soldier who had the pleasure of meeting and soldiering with him.

RIP RSM

AIRBORNE SIR!

There is a memorial service planned for early October in CWO Sorbie's hometown of Cornwall, Ontario, hosted by his first regiment, the Stormont, Dundas and Glengarry Highlanders.

I'll post the details when available.

Please do Haggis I will attend no question, nothing could keep  away from that.

www.ospreyobituaries.com

Light Winds and Soft Landings Resting at the MALCOLM, DEAVITT & BINHAMMER FUNERAL HOME, l4l Renfrew Street, Pembroke. Visitation will be held on Wednesday 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm. Friends and family are welcome. The service will be at CFB Petawawa, Building Y-101 on Thursday at 9:00 a.m. A private interment in the National Military Cemetery, Ottawa will follow the service. As an expression of sympathy, donations to the S.P.C.A or the Heart and Stroke Foundation would be appreciated. Guests are requested to assemble for the service on Thursday no later than 0845 a.m 10329907

Shamrock I think that the original memorial and internment ceremony held at the beginning of this month when RSM Sorbie passed. I think Haggis is referring to a different memorial to be held in Cornwall On.

I left the unit right as he was taking over for Bradley, so I didn't get to experience his leadership, but I'd known lots of fellas who had experience with him, and I heard he was a good man, and took care of the boys best he could. Rest in peace, royal.

...soft landings...

Haggis said:
There is a memorial service planned for early October in CWO Sorbie's hometown of Cornwall, Ontario, hosted by his first regiment, the Stormont, Dundas and Glengarry Highlanders.

The "Celebration of Life", held in the WOs & Sgts Mess was amazing.  Lots of old friends, old (and sometimes incriminating) photos and old stories surfaced and a great time was had by all.  This wasn't a sombre event, but a celebration of the great soldier, brother, son and friend that Joel Sorbie was.

I'm sure that Joel smiled when the padre bellied up to the bar!

I still having trouble getting over losing a good friend... I just took his name off my contact list at work. RSM Sorbie was excellent man and excellent soldier. RIP Brother

Condolences to his family friends and comrades. Met him once on course a while back. To all Royals an even more painful easter.

Our Hearts.....

VP

Back