• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

A Sad Day in the RCR - CWO Joel Sorbie, RSM 3RCR

George Wallace

Army.ca Dinosaur
Inactive
Reaction score
Today, while taking part in the Annual Terry Fox Charity Run on Base, CWO Joel Sorbie, 46, of  3 RCR collapsed and was rushed to Pembroke Hospital.  He passed away in Hospital.  Tests are being done to determine the cause.

(Edit title.)

To say people here are in a state of shock is an understatement. As I am on leave, I caught the news while grocery shopping this aft.

I had the pleasure of working with/for him as the NCO IC of 3 RCR UMS and as newbie medic when he was the Para Coy CSM. I also had the pleasure of jumping with him, the latest, a few weeks ago. He always enjoyed to cool stuff. He also was instrumental in assisting the CSOR in its inception as the majority of the per, kit and resources came from his Bn.

RSM Sorbie, you will be missed. May He give you and St Micheal the green light, fair winds and soft landings.

This is shocking news indeed!  RIP to CWO Sorbie, and may his family and friends be comforted

Pro Patria
:cdn:

JoelSorbie23-07-05.JPG

RIP

PS: Gotta love his licence plate.

:salute:

Yes, it is him.

I have only been in battalion a few short months but even I, the lowliest of privates, felt that this member of my CoC cared about my well-being and working to improve my ability to do my job well.

He will be sorely missed as an inspiring leader to his men and as great soldier himself.  :salute:

When I got the call I was shocked beyond words.

I've know Joel for 30 years.  He and I started our military careers together on the same day as members of the Stormont, Dundas and Glengarry Highlanders.  We did many courses and exercises together and managed to stay in touch throughout the years.  A sad day for both Regiments, but more so for the RCR and his family.

RIP, my friend.  :salute:

Pro Patria/Dileas Gu Bas.

Everyone was shocked to hear this today..

There is nothing I can say to make anyone feel better, but I offer my deepest condolences to his sons, his wife, his whole family.

Rest in peace.

:cdn:

RSM, RIP.  :cdn: :salute:  I have known him for several years and he will be missed.

I was shocked to hear of his passing: Mr Sorbie instructed on my AVGP / grizzly TQ4 when I was a young pte and he was a masterjack and also when I was co-driver / staff on future AVGP courses in Ipperwash with him (early / mid '80's 1RCR, London). He took pride in his work and cared for the well-being of his troops. An exceptional soldior and inspirational leader. He will be sorely missed. My deepest heartfelt condelences to his family and the Regimental family.

RIP Sir  :salute:

Pro Patria

Militi Succurrimus

-gerry

Rest in Peace, Sir....prayer go out to his family and all Royals .:cdn:

he was by far the best NCO that I had ever gotten to work for. I may have only known him at the DSM/RSM level, but you could still tell he was a man that cared for the troops, and would stick up for us. he also had one of the most oddest senses of humour that I have ever seen.
it's just shocking. to me it still hasn't truly set in that this fine soldier has passed on.
RIP RSM, you'll be missed around the battalion lines.
Greg

He was a great guy and really down to earth, He was there for us troops and will be greatly missed!
RIP Sir  :salute:

Back