• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

A quick question about a picture

pjocsak

Inactive
Reaction score
I have a quick question,

On the home page for this site, in the recently uploaded picture column to the left of the screen there's a picture of flag poles at Khe San. One of the flags appears to be a Canadian flag, and I was wondering what the significance of this flag is?

Thanks,

P

Probably has something to do with the Canadian observer team that was deployed in Vietnam

The ICSC (do a search for "ICSC Canada Viet Nam" and see what you muster) was yrs after the battle in question, so the Canadian flag flying is for the Canadians who served in the US forces during the war.

There was a book published in the 90's called Unknown Valour, which was about the 10's of thousands of Canadians who served (and many were killed) with the US military during Viet Nam. It was an interesting read, and I lent mine and never got it back!

Remember, the flag represents Canadians who served with the Americans as a part of a US Force, not as members of the CF, but as Canadians were there as a part of ICSC, which I do believe was in the early 1970's.The CF and Canada had nothing to do with the battle of Khe Sanh in 1968.

Hope this helps ya out.

Wes

Back