• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

A question on my part

Gouki

Inactive
Reaction score
Alright guys, I know from the get-go that this is gonna sound retarded, but please just bear with me alright? I'm just going to toss this out here and see what the replies are.. Nothing slanderous okay? It may sound stupid but try to understand where I am coming from:

Okay so if you read my "The latest twist!" topic in personal stories, you'll know Kincanucks here delivered me some very great news. Now I am just waiting for Borden / CFRC/ WPG / some damned group or person to get their asses in gear and give me the official call and offer blah blah.

Here's the sticky situation. My mother graduates from her BOTC on the 9th of June. Now, she hasn't heard anything about the recent news because she's in the field and I haven't been able to contact her. I am (90% chance) going to be attending her ceremony provided I can get the time off from work here. I want to show up in the naval parade dress uniform

Do you see how this is going to be a retarded question? Here I'll help: Assuming I do get my official call before then (hahaha) will I be kitted out before then or way way later (seeing as how the RMS QL3 is in ... September) and failing that, is it possible for me to request getting my uniform for this special occasion?

I know it's incredibly unorthodox, but I would love to attend my mothers graduation in my own parade uniform, and to surprise her because she will see it and understand what has happened while she is gone. My family is a military family and I would just want to do such a thing for such reasons.

Does anyone understand where I am coming from, despite this crazy question? Now since I don't know anything about this would go down, especially the supply stuff, someone please explain to me if this is possible and if not, what - if ANY, avenues I should explore.

Thanks in advance

I don't think you'll get your kit until you go to Borden if you are going RMS with the bypass. I have no idea how you would get DEU's otherwise, sorry not much help really, was it!

I'm thinking of painting "IM ALMOST IN THE NAVY" on the back of it.

I suppose this answers my stupid question .. though I kind of new the answer beforehand.

:(

Back