• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

A Question Concerning Education and CF Equivalency

nsmedicman

Inactive
Reaction score
I just recently re-enrolled in the PRes as a MED TECH. I was in from 1988-90, and again from 2001-03. I completed BMQ twice (1988 & 2001), and my QL3 back in 1989. I released from the PRes in 2003, when I transferred through my civi employment.

I am an Intermediate Care Paramedic in Nova Scotia, with 14 years field experience (11 in an urban setting). I have also served as a PCP instructor and lab facilitator, as well as a PCP field preceptor.

What equivalency would this give me in the CF, if any at all?

I would say you may get BMQ written off if you got in before 5 years had gone by.  In addition most of your QL3 will be written off but you will have to do some portion it again as 1989 was a long time ago and the training has changed greatly. (I think that wasjust a few years after I took the QL3)  You will also most likely have to do the SQ or Soldiers qualification.  Upon completion of this trg(which you should be able to do both of this summer) you would most likely be promoted to Cpl.  Summer 2008 would see you moving onto QL4 if you wish and you should probably consider starting the Primary Leadership Qualification trg at that time as well.  With your experience your unit will want you to move towards the leadership track sooner rather than later. After the QL4 you could put your name in for Operational deployment as well.

Heck just to move to Vancouver and we will set it all up for you.  ;D

Of course this is only a best guess on what I have seen happen over the last few decades.

Back