• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

A Medical Question (shingles)

P

Pugnacious

Greetings!
I did a search and found nothing so I'll ask...

I was talking to a friend the other day and she asked if the medical condition known as 'Shingles' is something that would keep one out of the Canadian forces?

Here is the tech' info:
http://www.fda.gov/fdac/features/2001/301_pox.html

She has small flare ups only if she is run down (which is rare cause this lady is UBER fit)., and they do not effect her in any way in work performance etc.  And they are located only on the small of her back about the size of a grapefruit.

The only thing I could think of is they are only of risk to people that have not had chicken Pox, and or what the possible effects of vaccinations might be on her system, other then that she is super fit, and healthy, and I had no idea all these years until she told me.

Anyway her 'puter is down and she wanted me to ask...just in case there is anyone from the Army medical field that would know, and save everyone lots of wasted time, and paperwork  if it is a no-go situation.

Cheers!
P.

Back