• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

A Little Pissed at the Windsor Star

Excolis

Inactive
Reaction score
I am a little bothered by how the military gets viewed by the windsor star. i was reading the paper the other day, and it had Arnold on the front page declaring victory in Florida, and they put the article of the two fallen solders in the second section. i was reading the editorials the next day, and someone wrote in about how the soldgers story should have beed front page, and the star had the nerve to put the story of the soldgers funeral service on the very last page. am i the only person that feels that or soldgers are more important that some skippy movie actor winning an election in the states?

The Windsor Star is a complete rag. I gave up reading it a long time ago.

Just goes to show the lack of interest from the civilian population towards our military, its a **** shame.

I would write to the paper to express your opinion. They print what they think will push more papers out the door and if Arnie is it then that‘s what they run. If the Windsor Star gets a flood of letters then next time (god forbid) happens in Afganistan or anywhere, they might reconsider.

for a "Military Friendly" paper, try here:

< http://www.fyiedmonton.com/htdocs/edmsun.shtml >

good, broad news coverage, excellent editorials, great bunch.

Cheers-Garry

Hey, Arnold‘s election into office does have adverse effects up here in Canada too. He won‘t star in anymore cheesy action movies, for starters.

As for the media.. well, That‘s just how it goes. Not everyone up here cares about the military. I agree with OUGriz, though. They have the right to their opinion, but write to them and let them know yours.

As for the Edmonton sun.. heh heh heh.. I don‘t read that one for the news. ;)

[Edited for spalling and grammers]

Write an article to the editor condeming them for their americanization.

It‘s only wrong Sherwood, because it‘s a ***Canadian*** paper. Some of us feel our own country should make our own papers...first!

Call it a patriotic thing. Doesn‘t mean that Americans are bad. Means erosion of our own culture is bad. Not quite the same thing.

Imagine, if you will, Bush does something collossally stupid. Headlines of the New York Times read: "Jacques Chirac‘s Election Strategy Flawed"

Would *you* be pleased?

"Imagine, if you will, Bush does something collossally stupid"

Like after canada let the US divert many of their planes here Bush thanked a bunch of countries, except canada?

I wasn‘t trying to sleight the states. I just don‘t like how in our major papers american news gets most of the coverage.

Back