• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

a little help please - Cap Badge Collection

XHighlander

Inactive
Reaction score
i am trying to complete my late father‘s cap badge collection....

i am looking for certain things needed to complete each set..........

Cap Badges (New Issue)
Collar Dogs (New Issue)
Metal Shoulder Titles (New Issue)

such as:

Saskatchewan Dragoons all i need is a set of Metal Shoulder Titles (New Issue) to complete that set.....

any help would be appreciated :salute: :tank:

They‘re in Moose Jaw, Sask- try a google search for the addy- maybe they‘d send you a set?

i am trying to complete my late father‘s cap badge collection....

i am looking for certain things needed to complete each set..........

Cap Badges (New Issue)
Collar Dogs (New Issue)
Metal Shoulder Titles (New Issue)

such as:

Sherbrooke Hussars all i need is a set of Metal Shoulder Titles (New Issue) to complete that set.....

any help would be appreciated :tank: :salute:

Have you tried any of Calgary‘s fine Army Surplus stores? Sometimes you‘ll find a barrel full of Cap Badges and things.

Clive Law runs Service Publications in Ottawa which publishs the "Canadian Militaria Directory & Sourcebook", listing Dealers, Collectors, Re-enactor Groups, Museums, Models, Book Dealers, and almost everything dealing in Canadian Militaria. You may find it a good resource book.

GW

They carry little in the way of new issue items and a lot of well-worn older issue.......... at a crazy price. Not worth the effort to go there........... Besides I'd much rather give my money to the regimental funds of each regiment then to somebody who's in it for the profit and cares little for the military!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

XHighlander

This guy in Nova Scotia mainly does medals ( replacements, repairs, and mounting etc.) but I think he also has some insignia too.

Canadian Medals Mounting Shop
http://www3.ns.sympatico.ca/medals.cmms/

I‘ve dealt with him and found him professional, very pro military, and reasonably priced.

Originally posted by XHighlander:
[qb] They carry little in the way of new issue items and a lot of well-worn older issue.......... at a crazy price. Not worth the effort to go there........... Besides I'd much rather give my money to the regimental funds of each regiment then to somebody who's in it for the profit and cares little for the military!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [/qb]
I may beg to differ. In many cases you, with a little time and patience, may be able to come across some valuable ‘finds‘ in those barrels. It has happened before.

As for completing your fathers collection, modern day hatbadges may be in appropriate for the collection. It depends on the value and authenticity you place on it. Many Units have changed their badges over the years to reflect changes in monarchs, ammalgamations, changes in role, or such. You may find that each Unit has a collection of their own badges reflecting these changes over their existance.

GW

I am a Saskatchewan Dragoon and can get you these items from our regimental stores. Just give me an email stating everything you need and i'll see what i can do      :salute: :cdn:

Back