• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

a little help for school

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaboing

Inactive
Reaction score
hello, i'm doing a group project on the death penalty for an ethics class and i'm doing my part of the project from the military side. so far i know the last person executed was Pte. Harold Pringle in the summer of '45 for joining a gang during ww2. i know that he was executed by firing squad and he was in the Hasty P's and there is a book about him called "a keen soldier", which is causing me some problems while i'm doing research cause on the net all i can find is reviews on the book and little info on pte. pringle himself and the circumstances of his death.

also, when was the death penalty taken out of canadian military law, i know it wasn't too long ago but i dont have a date or year.

if anyone has any information that could help out that would be great, thanks
(ps i hope this is the right forum to post this in, haha)

According to the Bill on national defence, death penalty is still going on in Canada in wartime for illegal capitulation, spying and desertion

Black Watch said:
According to the Bill on national defence, death penalty is still going on in Canada in wartime for illegal capitulation, spying and desertion

cowardice in the face of the enemy as well (I believe)

http://northernblue.ca/cblog/categories/30-Law-Justice

1998 - Commons votes to change Canadian National Defence Act to remove death penalty and bring military law in line with civil law; replaced with life imprisonment with no eligibility for parole before 25 years.

thanks for the info but my presontation was almost a month ago now, haha. this thread can be locked or whatever if any mods read it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back