• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

A.I.C / Airborne Indoctrination course

bilton090

Banned
Banned
Inactive
Reaction score
[][/color

I  passed my jump crs. in Feb 1984, was posted to the Airborne Engineer field Tp. on my return to Petawawa. I put up my white wings & maroon brie  , do to the fack i was posted to a jump pos. and would pass the upcoming A.I.C that summer. If you passed your jump crs. but were not posted to a jump pos. you put up the red wings. I passed my A.I.C crs. & my # is 3566.

The A.I.C crs. was 3 weeks long,
  •                                     - 3 forty -five min. P.T. classes to start 10k run, obst crs, Hand to hand/pugo stike fighting
                                           - than breckfast ,  followed by a full kit insp. on the squre ,full rucks & fighting order, after the insp, we
                                          marched w/ full kit to class's on Airborne tac's, equment, wepons.
                                           - There was 4 per ex. jumps followed by LZ/DZ, end stick rollups,DZORV drills, & after 2 of the jumps there
                                           was a short crs. on explosives,with the following claymore mine's ( live fire ), det-cord, blasting-caps,
                                          imporvised mines, and making a basic charge form 1 pound c4.

The crs. was finished after a 4 day jump in Ex. w/ patolling, no sleep, hell in the tr. area of Pet.

Chimo! Airborne

Hi Bilton,

Is there a point to this topic or is it just for general interest?

Ed

Ed Gagnon said:
Hi Bilton,

Is there a point to this topic or is it just for general interest?

Ed
Some of the boy were talking yesterday about the A.I.C , I thought this would clear it up .

Back