• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

A Good Day

mseop 935

Inactive
Reaction score
I'm not sure if this is the right place for this, but I am sure someone can move it if necessary. 

After hearing so many negative experiences with the way some of our people have been treated, I thought I would share a good one that happened recently.  One of our local veterans here in Borden was in the nearby town of Alliston doing some personal business.  When he returned to his vehicle, there was the following note clipped under his windshield wiper.

" Thank you for helping defend our country".  There was no one around nor was it signed.  The only way someone knew he was a veteran were his veteran plates on the car.

I have seen the note and it is now on it's way to the guys in Afghanistan with some other morale boosters.

Feels good when something like this happens.

mseop  935

I was walking through the mall one day when a women stopped me and thanked me for being there for canada, I didn't know what to say, I'm used to people beiong jerks to me for being in the military but this was the only time someone thanked me i was speechless

Michael

I totally agree they should happen more often.  I also believe that they may happen a little more often than is reported.  I have been lucky enough to have encountered several people in the local area over the last 3 years who have expressed their gratitude to myself or my co-workers over our wearing of the uniform and the job we do.

Anybody else got a positive to report??

A little story that happened to me:

Nov 11, on the way to the ceremony in Kingston, ON, I stopped by Timmies in Collins Bay.  (5 min drive to downtown Kingston)
Being in uniform I kinda stuck out in an otherwise civilian world.  There was a guy (somewhere in his late 30's I guessed)  in line in front of me that turned around and started a little chat that started with a handshake and a heartfelt "Thank you!"  He then get to the cash and told the attendant that "What ever the soldier behind me wants is on me."  It took me back but with his persistence, I graciously accepted.  Another handshake and we parted.

The whole experience gave an extra warming while I was paying tribute later in the morning.

To all the citizens who support us  :salute: :cdn:  Thank You...

Billy the Lineman

MSE OP 935....welcome Comrade.  I know you very well.

Good to see you were paying attention...lol.

Hope your situation is working out for the best.

For what it's worth
I am a long haul driver in civilian life. I am currently 32 years old and have been an over the road driver since twenty. Today I finished my interview and medical testing in Charlottetown PE. My aptitude test was completed last week with all results leading to a positive outlook for my desired trade of mobile support equipment operator. My reason for posting is not draw undue attention or solicit praise, only to reinforce some basic thoughts I have. All to often we settle for signs of appreciation in the form of gesture. In fact I would argue the most profound form of appreciation would be an inspired move to action as a result of appreciation. I make a regular run from the east coast to New York City and surrounding, then to the greater Toronto area and back home again. Many people either forget or choose to ignore some of the immediate actions taken to ensure security during the weeks and months that followed 9-11. I recall the National Guard being posted state side in Detroit MI with automatic weapons, checking all lanes of inbound and outbound traffic. It is my belief, part of the reason they no longer are posted at these points of entry is in part due to realization we are safer now then we were before. This feeling of safety and security I believe is directly attributable to our forces serving to protect us.
Regardless the outcome of my application, I am certainly inspired by my appreciation.
Thank you for all you do.

Back