• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

A Deeply Fractured US

This thread has probably the longest lasting and most accurate title on these forums.

And that's a sad statement.
Exactly. Too bad we don't give the same attention to our own equally useless government and despotic leadership. Alway worried about what's happening on the other side of the fence while ignoring our own weed infested garden.

On the other hand the Soros backed lawyers run a very real chance of making Trump a martyr and strengthening his base.

Last edited:
Exactly. Too bad we don't give the same attention to our own equally useless government and despotic leadership.
This group and its membership being what it is, I think more than a few members simply feel much more free to comment on stuff outside our own borders. I know that’s the case for me. Doesn’t mean we aren’t paying attention, just that some have to be much more circumspect in in offering opinion publicly on domestic stuff.

Sad state of affairs when you'll be punished at work for speaking truth to power. That's worthy of discussion right there.View attachment 76868

Flip side to that, you and others on this site have lamented perceptions of bias and politicization within government agencies and institutions. If Canada, its provinces and its municipalities value being seen as having apolitical institutions, then that does mean some restrictions. You were probably retired before CAF had much of a need for a social media policy, but it’s very much a thing now. There are partisan individuals on both sides who will actively hunt for and report on government employees that they perceive as commenting online in ways that show political bias. Employee codes of conduct exist for a reason, but further still are themselves subject to being weaponized by malicious actors.

Another consideration is that some members of the site may work in jobs where they have some inside knowledge on some of the things seen in the news from time to time. Simply staying out of it can be a good way to protect themselves from even allegations that they’ve crossed lines in terms of what they’ve spoken about.

Most of this is of no concern whatsoever in a thread that focuses on our neighbours to the south.

Edit to add a P.S. thought: speaking truth to power and public comment aren’t the same. For most of us the former would be internal, behind closed doors.

Now if I was Putin, I would publicly offer Trump asylum at an Embassy to "Protect him from political persecution". It would be a cheap gesture and might make some of his supporters less likley to support Ukraine. Either way, it cost him little with some potentiel gain, not to mention messing with the biggest adversary he has.

If Canada, its provinces and its municipalities value being seen as having apolitical institutions, then that does mean some restrictions.

AKA How to avoid social media assisted career suicide syndrome.

"It's so nice to be retired." :)

Now if I was Putin, I would publicly offer Trump asylum at an Embassy to "Protect him from political persecution". It would be a cheap gesture and might make some of his supporters less likley to support Ukraine. Either way, it cost him little with some potentiel gain, not to mention messing with the biggest adversary he has.
Also it would probably get the dire hard MAGA crowd assassinated in droves too.

Sad state of affairs when you'll be punished at work for speaking truth to power. That's worthy of discussion right there.View attachment 76868
If it really is truth then it is a sad state of affairs. Unfortunately there's a lot of bullshit out there masquerading as truth.

We agree 100% on the principle. But there's a lot of scope for disagreement on whether the "facts" involved in any particular case are truth or are bullshit. Nothing deserves to be destroyed by bullshit.

🍻

What's the Vegas line on Donald J being arrested tomorrow?
Looks like the grand jury wrapped its last witness today. Crowd fencing is going up around one of the NY courthouses, and apparently all NYPD working tomorrow have been ordered to wear their uniforms, including plainclothes detectives. I don’t know if this means they actually know anything or if it’s anticipatory just in case.

The Manhattan grand jury meets again on Wednesday. If an indictment is to come from New York, I suspect it’ll be in the next three days.

Last edited:
Any recent news on the attempts to jail Trump for his possession of classified documents?

Does an indictment make one ineligible for POTUS?
It's not about an indictment. It's all about optics. Just like New York. I wouldn't be at all surprised if it's being done just so they can get and leak pics of Trump in cuffs and an orange jump suit, behind bars. Objectivity, legal manoeuvring and fairness always take a back seat when malice is the true objective for the left. Clinton and the DNC washed their research payments for the Steele dossier to pay through Fusion GPS, as legal fees. They received almost zero press compared to Trump's, current unproven case for the same charges. Although they did get fined $113,000 :sneaky:
to make it go away. $13,000 for Clinton Campaign and $100,000 to the DNC.

Any recent news on the attempts to jail Trump for his possession of classified documents?
There was some pretty significant legal action literally overnight (filings were due at midnight and reply at 6 a.m.), with a resultant court ruling earlier this afternoon. That particular grand jury investigation appears to be progressing very briskly at the moment. So yes, fair to say there’s recent news on the investigation you’re referring to. All three investigations (Manhattan, Fulton County, and Federal) have had a busy week so far. It’s only Wednesday though.

I miss our old emojis. The "eating popcorn" one would be perfect around now. This one - 🍿- just doesn't have the same degree of sarcasm and cynicism that the old one had.

;)
Anticipation Popcorn GIF

Fox Tv Popcorn GIF by The Four
Angela Lansbury Popcorn GIF
Jesus Eating GIF

Back