• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

A cadpat backpack gifted by my CIC supervisor

kelsia

Inactive
Reaction score
Hello everyone.

While I was working with the cadet gliding school employed by the Canadian Forces as a Civilian Instructor, my supervisor who's in the CIC got me a Cadpat backpack as a gift. I would like to know if it's legal to travel with it or wear that backpack.

If it's illegal, should I just throw it away?

- Kel

I highly doubt that he would've given you something you wouldn't be allowed to own. Many manufacturers produce clothing/gear in CADPAT for civilian purchase. Some of it high-quality, some of it cheap crap meant for airsoft/paintball players and guys who like to dress up as soldier. Backpacks, wallets, t-shirts, tank tops, hats, canteens, camelbak type hydration packs, even combat/tactical pants and jackets. Odds are it's one of those and he didn't steal CF property to give to you.

Just as an example (and not an endorsement of the store or anything) look at what's available from this place http://www.surpluspontrouge.com/en/camo/cadpat-canadian-digital/

You can even get items in MARPAT, Multicam, ACU, the older US military camo patterns, OD Green, tan, or any number of Euro patterns and even Russian patterns.

Look for the label. If the label has a NATO Stock Number (NSN: four sets of four digits, if I recall), it may be stolen. In all likelihood, it's just a CADPAT backpack, and go nuts.

Hello,

Okay, thanks! Cuz I hear people saying how some military personnel like to look at you with odd eyes or ask you if you are in the military when they see you wearing these backpacks, and I just wanna make sure I don't look too odd when I am travelling with these.

kelsia said:
Hello,

Okay, thanks! Cuz I hear people saying how some military personnel like to look at you with odd eyes or ask you if you are in the military when they see you wearing these backpacks, and I just wanna make sure I don't look too odd when I am travelling with these.

You'll still get the questions and you'll still look odd to some. However, you now have an explanation that you can use.

Just keep checking Look at my F**king Army Bag.com to see if you have a starring role therein.

Loachman said:
Just keep checking Look at my F**king Army Bag.com to see if you have a starring role therein.

What he said.

Some people get real uppity about wannabe's and young troops (and cadets) wearing anything CadPat. Worse is that some of these same people did the exact same thing in their younger days; wearing dog tags outside their shirts or other obviously displayed items relating to the CF.

I say as long as you are not an embarrassment to our tribe, wear the colours with pride. Just be aware that you are making yourself the potential target of ridicule or, sadly, an actual target.

Loachman said:

That blog is dead with no posts since Jan 14.  The highly racist posts about the native CIC instructor seemed to have been removed.  Maybe Dudley Doo Right got his man? 

I certainly won't miss it. It's been even longer than that since I last looked at it.

Loachman said:

Good grief I thought you were cracking a joke, but that site actually exists! What fun.

The novelty wears off pretty quickly.

Log Offr said:
Good grief I thought you were cracking a joke, but that site actually exists! What fun.

Only because the racism against First Nations members has been removed.  It was disgusting at one time.

Back