• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

A bit about me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kertys

Inactive
Reaction score
Hello all,

yep a other new guys. I put down a few work to talk about me and what i been doing.
I am 33, From Montreal. I been working in the IT field for the pass 11 years now.
Did 5 years as a Network Admin and 4 It Field tech
I am currantly working in a Helpdesk as a team leader.
Got married last years, Father of a nice girl.
I am a WOW addic also.

4 years ago , when i turn 29, i went trought a phase..  Who am  i .. where should i be in my life...  BIG question time ;)
My health was going down the drain.. at 360 lbs and not doing anything about it ... I was getting High BP etc..
I decide to take my life in my own hand and try to strait thing up a bit.

After a few life changing habbit, i drop the weight to 230 lbs, my health is 200 % better, i flee great.
I always want to join the army,  because of my physical condition before I never apply.

I been reading a lot about BMQ and Comm. Research. Spoke wih a few friend in the army.
So last november i talk with my wife and decide to apply for Comm. Research.
Got all my paper in by the end of november 2006.
Got my Interview and Medical in february 2007 ..  and got my last medical paper in on feb 16.
Last news I got is that my file is in Ottawa for doctor aproval.

I really hope everything will go right and i get a offer soon.

For the BMQ, I know i will be test on my arrival at St-Jean,  Hopefully it will go well.. my running still suck..  I need to run more offen...
Pull up and Set-Up are good.  I can do 25 pushup no prob.  and setup around 25 also.. A lot of room for improvement but i can pass this PT test i think... 

In the morning To improve on my running I do 2 min run 1 min walk ...  for 20 min
at night then 3 min run / 1 min walk for a other 20 min, I run outside ..

Fill free to give me any advice or comment ...

I let u know when i get some news.

PS:  I am french .. so sorry for my english :)

I say good luck to you, and keep us posted.  Your story is an inspiration.

Don't apologize for your English, at least you are trying. Congratulations on your determination, just stick to it and good things will happen.

spud

Agree with the above poster.  DOn't worry about your english.  You are doing great.  It is much better than some people who have english as their first language so well done.  Also, well done regarding your weight loss.  That is not an easy thing to do and you should be proud of yourself for what you have accomplished.  Good luck with your application, I hope you get the call soon.

Ty all for those messages,  Hopeffully i gwt a call before the 29 of this month.  ::)
Otherwise will be next month  :cdnsalute:

Hello everyone  :salute:

Today Aprils 23 i still did not get my call from the recruiting center...
I been told that the files usally stay 1 month in Ottawa for review before they responds usally.
My file as been with them since march 20 .. so it should be getting close now...

My training is hard... Working night shift is not helping me to much...
My runninng is not emproving to much.... i am still around 15  min for 2.4k

+ I gain like 10 lbs...  could me muscle ...so now i am 240 lbs
My setup are execellent and push up is still around 25 ... 

My wife and I are waiting every day for that phone call to ring...

Do u guys know usally how much time we have from the moment they call u and the time u get to St-Jean.

ty guys !  :cdn:

Hey there, I just wanted to say keep at it. I also used to be over 300 lbs at one dark point in my life and now I'm about 235. I found out last week that I'm scheduled to start BMQ the 2nd of July (NE Tech(Communications) and I'm working very hard right now to make sure I pass the shuttle run the first go around. Balancing work and training isn't easy, but it sounds like you are making a good effort. I hope you get your call soon.

Kertys, bonne chance!
Everybody's right, don't worry about your English and keep up the good work!
I'm doing my aptitude test, medical & interview next Tuesday May 1.  Seems wierd to some that I am doing this at 50.  It's almost like when a man gets the "call" from God to serve as a priest, it doesn't always happen in "Prime Tiome".
I am very excited...I'll keep you posted too.
:)
Note: can someone send me an emoticon of crossed fingers?  ;D

From my personal experience, each time I've been posted somewhere, they usually only have given between 4-6 weeks. 
This is by no way a rule though.  Some people have less time, others more. 
Good luck, and keep up with the running!  For those of us over 200lbs the shuttle run (beep test) just plain sucks.  Inertia is not our friend. 

A side note:

I found out my BMQ date by chance. I called the recruiting office to make sure that they had gotten some medical forms I had sent - when they pulled up my file they told me I was starting July 2nd. They said they will call me back around the end of May to let me know when I go for swearing in.

I have a 36 yr. old guy working for me. He was IT before he joined. Now he is AVS and works with databases, web apps, and supporting our deployed aircraft data systems. This guy is brilliant, and is going to go a long way. A true asset to the Forces. You can never start too late. Bon chance.

Hey Guys!

I phone the Recruting Office yesterday to ask for a update  :-[
I did not get the answer i was looking for .. but i know why it taking so long now...

When i apply , i choose 2 trade.. Comm Reach and Air traffic Controler.
For the AIR trade I need to get a Medical AIR quote examination ... So this Air medical aprobation is more long then the regular one.

What sad me it when i did my enterview with the captain ... we decide to go with trade one (Comm Reach) since trade 2 (AIR) was not fiting my famally life and it would not get the support of my wife and kid...  to much moving.. etc...

Now as per them (lady on the phone) its to late to do anything about that... 
Because i am now tag AIR for my medical ,  i need to stick to it...  the medical will get beetween 2 and 4 month to get processs.
I am pass month 1 now...  Do u think i should phone the captain about that ... because the medical was send 2 week after my interview.
I dont know if the captain would put in the computer that i was support to trade # 1... not trade 2 ..  or this that medical completed seperate process and the interview will not influance the medical check , what do u think guys.

Ty again for all your support.

Yeah, it takes time...

Have you filled out an application for a security clearance yet?  Maybe that's what's causing the delay.  I know they can take a very long time to process.

Yes i did fill out that security check when i apply

.. the last update they have on file is that my medical files was in Ottawa since march 20. and my profile is flag AIR FACTOR.

I am sad !!  :-[

Its so funny that i want to get in so bad....  ;D

Kertys said:
Its so funny that i want to get in so bad....   ;D
No, not funny, I feel the same way and I'm MUCH older than you.
I hope everything gets straightened out regarding your choices, etc...
Don't give up hope!

Call the captain you interviewed with, he may be able to do something. Its worth a shot. If not then at least you know you did what you could and now just have to wait.  Goodluck, your call will come soon enough.

Thank you for sharing your story and for the update ;D your story is very inspiring.

~Rebecca

Hello All

Today is a sad day for me.. I phone the Recruiting office... I fail my medical.. they did not say why.. only that i will receive a letter with more detail.
I ask if it was finale or something i need to complete to get aproval.. they could not tell...

I hope it nothing serius..., maybe i need me to get test again for something....  I know what my BP was high during the Medical exam...  but will se when i get my letter.. for now .. the only thing i can do it wait for that letter ...

Thank you  for supporting me :)  ...  I need it now...  :salute:

Keep your chin up, you never know it may be something simple you can get your doctor to advise is not an issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back