• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

A 36 years youngwoman and going for it

WarriorMonk said:
I joined at 42, finished BMQ(L) this summer at 43, and was awarded Top Candidate, go figure. 

Hurray for the old folks!  40 is the new 20.
We had a guy who was 42 on my basic back in '95 and the guy was a push-up king.  He put everyone to shame. :)

Hey Wondergirl! From reading your posts, I can tell you have an awesome character. Wish you good luck on your application!!  :nod:

I'm 37 and am contemplating going back to the reserves after 15 years.  Part of me really wants it, and part of me thinks my decrepit body couldn't take it again  ;D .  As others have said, the body doesn't recover as quickly at 37 as it did at 19.  Reading these other posts from "mature" folk is helping, but I still wonder if my body could take the grind of QL 2 and QL 3.

RangerRay said:
I'm 37 and am contemplating going back to the reserves after 15 years.  Part of me really wants it, and part of me thinks my decrepit body couldn't take it again  ;D .  As others have said, the body doesn't recover as quickly at 37 as it did at 19.  Reading these other posts from "mature" folk is helping, but I still wonder if my body could take the grind of QL 2 and QL 3.
I was released 3B back in 2005 after being on TCat for 3-yrs basically.  I am three references (good replies) away from my file being sent to Borden for approval/loading for RMS.  I'm 36 and I know Im not 100% (nobody is after surgery/injury) but I am positive I can take the grind of PRETC, SQ and QL3.  I just have to be careful and remember that Im not 18 and can't go jumping off tanks and HLs anymore. :D

fauntania said:
Hey Wondergirl,

I haven't seen any postings from you in quite some time!  Does this mean you got in?  I'm hopeful for you!

It took me a long time - I applied in the end of January 2011, and I will be swearing in January 19, 2012!  But I finally made it, and I'm stoked about it - can't wait to get this show on the road!

Best of luck to you all, keep training (I can't even articulate how much I hate push ups, can't even begin!  LOL) and keep on keepin' on.    :salute:

Hey, Congrats on the process, I'm starting BMQ on the 9th of January, so we'll prob see you when i reach week 5 or 6 (assuming the BMQ starts a week or so after the sworn in ^_^).

Just wanted to drop by and say hi. I am in the middle of BMOQ, and there are a number of candidates, here, that are between 35 to 45. And, I am impressed to say, some of them are running circles around the really young, arrogant, little poop's, in the troop! Keep working and don't give up, everyone! Only the recruiting centre and the course instructors have the power to hold you back. Keep working, follow your heart and desires, and I'm sure it will work out, or at the very least, you will have your fair shot.

BMOQ has been an adventure, thus far, and it is really neat to see how we are all coming together as a team, regardless of age and life experiences. That said, the "not as young" candidates are a real asset because their experiences, and their maturity. In particular the maturity, because it really shines through, and inspires everyone.

SOES_v said:
Just wanted to drop by and say hi. I am in the middle of BMOQ, and there are a number of candidates, here, that are between 35 to 45. And, I am impressed to say, some of them are running circles around the really young, arrogant, little poop's, in the troop! Keep working and don't give up, everyone! Only the recruiting centre and the course instructors have the power to hold you back. Keep working, follow your heart and desires, and I'm sure it will work out, or at the very least, you will have your fair shot.

BMOQ has been an adventure, thus far, and it is really neat to see how we are all coming together as a team, regardless of age and life experiences. That said, the "not as young" candidates are a real asset because their experiences, and their maturity. In particular the maturity, because it really shines through, and inspires everyone.

Thank you for this post!  It has gotten my hopes up even higher and honestly, I'm looking forward to being someone that can be looked upon for guidance and inspiration, hence why I chose the DEO route.  Good luck in BMOQ... keep us posted on how its going!

Back