• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

"9 to 5: The spies not in the cold…"

Greymatters said:
Segregation has proven not to work and only creates us-versus-them mentalities - cross-training works better, having desk staff get field experience, and vice-versa.

Maybe for uniformed personel, but as far as civilians are concerned, I know a couple of PhD`s that I sure as hell would not want anywhere near operations. Uniformed personnel MUST be capable in both. Civilians, well it depends on their position description. They don`t need to accept cross-training.

TimBit said:
Maybe for uniformed personel, but as far as civilians are concerned, I know a couple of PhD`s that I sure as hell would not want anywhere near operations. Uniformed personnel MUST be capable in both. Civilians, well it depends on their position description. They don`t need to accept cross-training.

Uniformed personnel should be capable in both, but sometimes situations dont allow for it, or the country/organization youre working for won't allow it to happen.   

Ref civilians, Ive worked with some in the field, I agree some of them are a danger to themselves and/or others, but some of them are okay to work with.  I think it depends on what organization they are from. 

Back