• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

8 x 56R Hungarian Orphans looking for a good home.

Popurhedoff

Inactive
Reaction score
Good day all,

I have approx. 120 rounds of 8mm x 56R Hungarian ammunition looking for a good home.  I will be home end Feb 13 and if you are willing to adopt these orphans, you can pick them up in the Petawawa area for Free!!!

They have been sitting in my safe for quite a few years and they are excited in the anticipation of seeing sunlight and a tight chamber again.

Cheers
Pop

P.S.  I did say FREE  :D

What happened to your rifle chambered in that caliber?
I used to be looking at getting a M95 carbine, but the scarcity of ammo really was off putting since I don't reload... Now it's gone.

Also about your ammo, just curious is it surplus or reloads?

IBX.Lee said:
I used to be looking at getting a M95 carbine, but the scarcity of ammo really was off putting since I don't reload... Now it's gone.

It's FREE.

Kat Stevens said:
It's FREE.

Haha, I wouldn't get it anyway as I don't have a rifle chambered in it  :'(
It was just curiosity since some of the surplus is pretty neat, though most are reloaded now.

IBX.Lee said:
Haha, I wouldn't get it anyway as I don't have a rifle chambered in it  :'(
It was just curiosity since some of the surplus is pretty neat, though most are reloaded now.

Most surplus, especially, eastern European, is Berdan primed and only reloaded with great difficulty, patience and in small batches. If you can find primers and want to decap the brass hydraulically.

Hornaday and Prvi Partizan make boxer primed ammo for 8x56R. That is reloadable.

IBX.Lee said:

It was given to me many years ago, I didn't have that caliber but the old guy wanted me to have it.  As for surplus or reloads? , I will have to take a closer look, its been 20 years since I opened those boxes and I have reloaded hundred of thousands bullets since then... everything looks brass to me now.

Cheers
Pop

Back