• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

8 killed in a gym in Afghanistan??

Mojo Magnum

Inactive
Reaction score
By now I hope we have all heard of the PRT loss that occurred yesterday.  But has anyone heard of this? 

Bomber kills CIA on Afghan baseJOBY WARRICK
January 1, 2010
Ads by Google
CAFM/CMMS FacilitiesDesk
Web-based integrated CAFM/CMMSMaintenance, Asset & Space mgmt

www.manageengine.com/FacilitiesDesk

WASHINGTON: Eight Americans, most of whom worked for the CIA, were killed when a suicide bomber blew himself up after sneaking into the gym on a US base in Afghanistan.

Does anyone have additional info?  I assume it was not KAF...

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/12/31/AR2009123100541.html?hpid=topnews

Suicide bomber attacks CIA base in Afghanistan, killing at least 8 Americans

By Joby Warrick
Washington Post Staff Writer
Thursday, December 31, 2009; 8:34 AM

A suicide bomber infiltrated a CIA base in eastern Afghanistan on Wednesday, killing at least eight Americans in what is believed to be the deadliest single attack on U.S. intelligence personnel in the eight-year-long war and one of the deadliest in the agency's history, U.S. officials said.

More at link.

How could he have gotten in?  Maybe more details will get out over the next few days.  My condolences to the deceased and hope for the wounded.

New York Times is reporting the suicide bomber was wearing an ANA  uniform.  Horrible, horrible week. Stay strong out there. Thoughts at home are with you all.

The Khost station chief was among those killed. She was a mother of three.

Back