• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

7 May 2022 "Sinn Fein calls for united Ireland debate after historic election win"

Why not? Sinn Fein, the Provos, RIRA, The People's Popular Front for a Free Judea, and all the rest have a long glorious history of warm welcoming tolerance and inclusion with unionists. Why, they haven't killed anyone all week. That's got to count for something. Right? 😏

Why not? Sinn Fein, the Provos, RIRA, The People's Popular Front for a Free Judea, and all the rest have a long glorious history of warm welcoming tolerance and inclusion with unionists. Why, they haven't killed anyone all week. That's got to count for something. Right? 😏

When it comes to a United Ireland, be careful what you wish for. The potential body count could run into the thousands per month...

The Good Friday deal deferred the issue of Irish unity to the future​

"The Irish border has survived for a century for the same reason it was first drawn: an Ireland united and independent of Britain against the wishes of hundreds of thousands of unionists would probably result in civil war."

When it comes to a United Ireland, be careful what you wish for. The potential body count could run into the thousands per month...

The Good Friday deal deferred the issue of Irish unity to the future​

"The Irish border has survived for a century for the same reason it was first drawn: an Ireland united and independent of Britain against the wishes of hundreds of thousands of unionists would probably result in civil war."

I listened to a bit of their leaders speech on BBC Radio News. I can sum it up thusly; "But, we're nice now, honest. All that other stuff was just a misunderstanding. Cuddles for everyone. Oh, and death to Britain, of course."

I listened to a bit of their leaders speech on BBC Radio News. I can sum it up thusly; "But, we're nice now, honest. All that other stuff was just a misunderstanding. Cuddles for everyone. Oh, and death to Britain, of course."

Any 10 year old kid can tell you how they will happily exterminate the 'other side' in a matter of days, given the opportunity, in a blaze of medieval avenging glory.

Top tip: pay attention to the schools. Seriously.

Jerry Seinfeld GIF

I live in Dublin, my impression is that there is very little enthusiasm for a united Ireland, amongst the middle classes. Nearly everyone I know seems to think it’s a good idea. The conversation usually goes along the lines of, “oh those 6 counties are ours and we want them back some day, but not until they stop being so feckin daft, up there. There is just something not right with them, ye know. Also, it would make my taxes go up.”

I mean, just the cost of gasoline and railway flares to get rid of all those Protestant churches alone would bankrupt them. :cool:

Couldnt hurt. I mean, the Republic of Ireland has really shown its tolerance* and secularism** in the past century...

*tolerance only applied to cis-gendered, heterosexual, Catholic men.
**secularism same as tolerence

Couldnt hurt. I mean, the Republic of Ireland has really shown its tolerance* and secularism** in the past century...

*tolerance only applied to cis-gendered, heterosexual, Catholic men.
**secularism same as tolerence
You do know that the prior Taoiseach (prime minister of Ireland) is an openly gay brown man, right?

If we as a species learn one thing is that we have long memories. And not always good ones.

The Balkans are but one example. I am hopeful the Irish on both sides can live in peace

If we as a species learn one thing is that we have long memories. And not always good ones.

The Balkans are but one example. I am hopeful the Irish on both sides can live in peace

Some quotes from a FB page in Northern Ireland commenting on the election. I think you could safely times this by at least a couple hundred thousand:

"Respect Sinn Fein and the likes of them???? I'd rather drag my balls through a mile of broken glass and then s**t in my hands and clap."

"No Way would I respect Murdering Scumbags and their elected representatives."

"Respect Sinn Fein/IRA terrorists (and their supporters) who murdered and blew our friends and comrades to bits ? Not a f**king chance."

hoo boy....

Some quotes from a FB page in Northern Ireland commenting on the election. I think you could safely times this by at least a couple hundred thousand:

"Respect Sinn Fein and the likes of them???? I'd rather drag my balls through a mile of broken glass and then s**t in my hands and clap."

"No Way would I respect Murdering Scumbags and their elected representatives."

"Respect Sinn Fein/IRA terrorists (and their supporters) who murdered and blew our friends and comrades to bits ? Not a f**king chance."

hoo boy....

Antrim vs Donegal is a fight that predates the Republic, the Church and Tara. The real dividing line is The Bann with Armagh being the battleground.

Back