• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

6 March 2024 - Ottawa mass murder - 6 Dead

brihard

Army.ca Legend
Mentor
Reaction score
This is just breaking over the last few hours; Ottawa police are at a homicide in Barrhaven, and have reported six dead including four children, and one person arrested on scene. No clear info yet on what happened. Looks like a normal residential street.

Minor update: Chief of Ottawa police has said they don’t believe it was intimate partner violence.
I just read that, too. Didn't see that coming. Let the speculation begin!

The Canadian Press is reporting that all the victims were foreign nationals from Sri Lanka. No word yet on the identity of the attacker. OPS Chief Stubbs told CBC News early on that it was a "mass shooting", but that has not been confirmed in the media yet.

We should know more soon, OPS has a presser in 15.

Mass stabbing, no firearm involved

Victims:
  • Mother dead
  • Father injured; he sought help
  • Adult male family acquaintance dead
  • Kids aged 7, 4, 3, and 2 months dead
  • All Sri Lankan (though unclear on the infant)
  • Described as completely innocent victims

Accused:
  • 19 year old male, arrested on scene
  • Sri Lankan international student

No indication of the relationship between the accused and the victims. No indication yet as to motive. No indication yet about if he lived in the same residence.

No indication that police had any use of force incident as part of this. Nothing heard from SIU, which there would have been if, e.g., police shot anyone.

That’s the info direct from OPS as of 20 minutes ago.

Fucking children…

International student? This is the second incident that I know of that involved an international student.

International student? This is the second incident that I know of that involved an international student.
I very much hope that nobody feels the need to be shitty enough to try to generalize this as some sort of problem with foreigners. And to be clear ai’m in no way suggesting you are. I just know someone, somewhere, will probably feel the need to politicize it.

What’s needed now is an investigation that arrives at the facts.

I very much hope that nobody feels the need to be shitty enough to try to generalize this as some sort of problem with foreigners. And to be clear ai’m in no way suggesting you are. I just know someone, somewhere, will probably feel the need to politicize it.

What’s needed now is an investigation that arrives at the facts.
I agree - we here in Winnipeg had an international student killed by the WPS. I also tend to put 2 and 2 together very quickly when the actual question is 2+3.

There was an insinuation this morning in local radio that they had a source saying it was a landlord tenant dispute. Nothing confirmed.

But being an international student boarding with a family, that may be a possibility. Not sure how that leads one to killing kids though

There was an insinuation this morning in local radio that they had a source saying it was a landlord tenant dispute. Nothing confirmed.

But being an international student boarding with a family, that may be a possibility. Not sure how that leads one to killing kids though
Latest on the news is that the student was known to the family.
Very tragic.

Does a person here on a student visa / international student qualify to obtain a PAL ?

Honest question.

Back