• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

6 Jan 2020 U.S. Events (Split from A Deeply Fractured US)

As funny as that idea is let's not get our news from Twitter, please. There's a reason it's called Twitter. Only twits use it.

Try another media source, even a bad one. We can at least check their bias based on previous reporting and editorials. I recommend foreign newsagencies at a time like this.

As funny as that idea is let's not get our news from Twitter, please. There's a reason it's called Twitter. Only twits use it.

Try another media source, even a bad one. We can at least check their bias based on previous reporting and editorials. I recommend foreign newsagencies at a time like this.
Here is a quick article about what some foreign news are saying...

That can’t be true...

As much as it would be hilarious if true . . .

"Capitol Rioter Tasered His Testicles To Death" Rumor refers to a hoax that Kevin Greeson, one of the four people who died during the 2021 Storming Of The United States Capitol, did so after accidentally shocking himself in the testicles with a taser while trying to steal a portrait of former Speaker of the House Tip O'Neill, leading to death by a heart attack. Though there are some outlets that have reported a man did accidentally taser himself and suffer a heart attack, the testicles portion of the rumor comes from a joke by Twitter user @ggooooddddoogg.

Background
At the 2021 Storming of the United States Capitol, five people died. One officer, Brian Sicknick died from medical emergencies sustained in the riot. The other four were part of the crowd that stormed the Capitol Building. One was Ashli Babbit, who died on the scene after being shot by a US Capitol Police officer. Benjamin Phillips, Kevin Greeson, and Rosanne Boyland died afterward from medical emergencies.[1] Revolt,[2] News1130,[3] and reporter Talia Jane[5] reported that one of the medical emergencies was self-inflicted by a man who accidentally struck himself with a taser, causing a heart attack. Kevin Greeson's family confirmed he died of a heart attack,[4] writing, "Kevin had a history of high blood pressure, and in the midst of the excitement, suffered a heart attack." They did not confirm if he had accidentally tased himself. Snopes[6] has also been unable to confirm if Kevin Greeson had tased himself accidentally, causing his death.

And at Snopes https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/capitol-riot-deaths/
. . .
There have been unconfirmed reports, echoed by at least one journalist who was on the ground, that one of the adult males included in this tally died of a heart attack after accidentally tasing himself, but Snopes is unable to confirm that assertion at this time, or if that report refers to Greeson.

Toronto has that many cops? Where do they hide?

Back in the '80s I bore witness to a city-wide "PC Assist" due to a donnybrook after a rock concert at Ontario Place. Within about 10 minutes, it was a sight to behold - a sea of yellow (then the cruiser colour of choice) and flashy lights as far as the eye could see.

Back in the '80s I bore witness to a city-wide "PC Assist" due to a donnybrook after a rock concert at Ontario Place. Within about 10 minutes, it was a sight to behold - a sea of yellow (then the cruiser colour of choice) and flashy lights as far as the eye could see.

Oh my! Were you there?! That was historic!

( Not like the old Texas Ranger motto: "One riot. One Ranger." )

( Metro car is a replica of good old 14 Division. )

Attachments

• Toronto-Yellow2.jpg
    Toronto-Yellow2.jpg
    143.5 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
The mob should never have been able to obtain any kind of entry. That's a reflection on the grownups, not the children.
Yeah, no. Trying to infantilize a bunch of grown ass adults doesn't lend you any bonus credibility on that. Mob mentality or not, the flavour and direction of that mob was long known well before they even gathered. Those on the ground largely knew what they were getting themselves into and the ideology of the people they were surrounded by. The calls for violent resistance to the election results has been blatant and frequent. There's no plausible excuse for exculpatory ignorance- particularly once it became clear that the Capitol was being swarmed. That was when a riot became an insurrection. Anyone who chose to join that is responsible for their choices.

Obviously they should not have been able to actually make entry - there are other huge, but separate issues there. But those failures in no way mitigate the intent or actions of any of the individuals there. It does not absolve anyone of culpability.

I fear this isn't over. The rhetoric is ramping up further, and a lot of people see the inauguration on the 20th as the 'last chance'. The calls for armed resistance are very open on select social media platforms that have been adopted by the seditionists. There is a real risk of more, and more serious violence in D.C. and elsewhere in the next two weeks.

Is anyone really shocked? Their entire identity is based on violent overthrow of government that does things they don’t like, and their pride in it. We just had four years of “not my president”. Now brace for four more years of it, just from a different wing of the chicken.

There is a real risk of more, and more serious violence in D.C. and elsewhere in the next two weeks.

I think this is an important point. The sheriff's deputy who was fired for inciting violence on Parler specifically advocated for the murder of politicians and judges outside of DC, as it would be harder to defend against.

I hope that no more violence comes of this, but I can't say that I'll be surprised if it does.

Is anyone really shocked? Their entire identity is based on violent overthrow of government that does things they don’t like, and their pride in it. We just had four years of “not my president”. Now brace for four more years of it, just from a different wing of the chicken.
America does seem to want to tear itself apart right now.

Oh my! Were you there?! That was historic!

( Not like the old Texas Ranger motto: "One riot. One Ranger." )

( Metro car is a replica of good old 14 Division. )

For many years we policed Ontario Place (a little Ontario oasis in the heart of Toronto) and I did one summer there. There were actually a few over the years when OP Corp. was less than selective with the bands they booked in the Forum; Teenage Head et al. I think there was also one or two after Argo games (booze infused). Perhaps not all city-wide; divisional and district wide.

Back