• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

.50 Caliber Terror

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonidio

Inactive
Reaction score
Hey everyone,Im a big fan of .50 caliber rifles, and I was searching for some videos on the net.As most of us know,the media in the U.S strike fear to the population every day,with crime stories,and trying to "alarm" the population  from various situations.

We might hear of this soon-

http://www.50caliberterror.com/index2.html

Well seriously, 50 caliber rifles are very efficient in combat ,and all the feedback from it in action is extremely positive.
In the U.S they are very easy to get,and prices keep on falling , is it the terrorist's dream weapon?? :skull:

50 caliber rifles are very efficient in combat

Do you make this statement based on personal experience? We appreciate your enthusiasm but.... please ensure that you don't make statements on the board that are presented as fact, when they are based on conjecture. The board is a great place to read, lurk, and learn. It is a great place to share personal opinions and knowledge. Please remember that people visit the boards from all walks of life, and many cannot differentiate between experienced posters, and those posting opinions only.

Leonidio said:
In the U.S they are very easy to get,and prices keep on falling 
no more so than here. Prices are falling because they're useless for anything aside from military applications. Nobody's buying them. Anyone who does draws attention. Not what terrorists want.

is it the terrorist's dream weapon??
well, since they're huge, and therfore difficult to conceal; have tremendous recoil and backblast, therefore difficult to control without extensive training (something terrorists dislike); are extremely loud and give away any sort of concealment without extensive training (something terrorists dislike); and have extremely limited use; I would say "No".

One can achieve far greater results with fertilizer and diesel fuel. Which may be why they attempted to purchase the afore-mentioned items, no? Fifties are useful, but only for specific purposes, and in the hands of highly experienced riflemen.

You have a great point there, I feel uncomfortable firing a .300 Remington Ultra Magnum ,and Ive been shooting for many years.
.50 caliber marksmanship definately requires ALOT of training ,but you never know..when theres a will..anything is possible.
There is more and more sniping going on in insurgency , for exemple the
"baghdad sniper "  This is one of numerous videos,to give you an idea of who that person is (Can be the work of many insurgents thought)

http://snipurl.com/kiqm

If they have .50 caliber rifles,they can engage helicopters ,LAV's,vehicles,etc

If they learn how to use them,I think they would do some serious damage.

Leonidio said:
There is more and more sniping going on in insurgency ,
no, there is not. There is a significant amount of rifle fire from individuals, but there has been no "sniping". These are two entirely different animals.

Leonidio,

That's twice in this thread alone you've stepped out of your lane. Reread the guidelines.

hey, I thought some of you would be interested in watching this video.
It is 8 minutes long ,and demonstrates the capabilities of the m82 .50 caliber rifle.

http://www.biggerhammer.net/barrett/video/ 

I also have a question,what do you think is the best high caliber rifle? I would like to have some people's perspective on this class of rifles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back