• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

5 Signs Your Coworker Is a Psychopath

daftandbarmy

Army.ca Dinosaur
Reaction score

Research shows that psychopaths enjoy office popularity until others catch on.
Posted Oct 26, 2017

A study (link is external) in the journal Behavioral Sciences & the Law found that 3 percent of business leaders scored in the psychopathic range. In contrast, rates of individuals in the general population with psychopathic traits (i.e., have some psychopathic tendencies) hovers around 1 percent.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/modern-minds/201710/5-signs-your-coworker-is-psychopath

And for sociopaths,

Attachments

• psychopath-sociopath.jpg
    psychopath-sociopath.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 422
mariomike said:
And for sociopaths,

https://army.ca/forums/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=126797.0;attach=55477;image
And yet somehow, that didn't get posted in a politics thread....  :whistle:

daftandbarmy said:

Research shows that psychopaths enjoy office popularity until others catch on.
Posted Oct 26, 2017

A study (link is external) in the journal Behavioral Sciences & the Law found that 3 percent of business leaders scored in the psychopathic range. In contrast, rates of individuals in the general population with psychopathic traits (i.e., have some psychopathic tendencies) hovers around 1 percent.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/modern-minds/201710/5-signs-your-coworker-is-psychopath

Great.  Now my co-workers are going to think I a a psychopath....

Didn't they just describe the selection model for pilots?

PPCLI Guy said:

Hey, the article never really came out and said it was a bad thing....

Makes sense, I wouldn't be surprised if there was a higher proportion of psychopaths in investment banking on wall street/bay street. As they are unable to process emotion I imagine they could have the tendency to be quite good at beating the market and not let their emotions get in the way of making deals with clients/competitors.

My wife asked me to answer the following riddle..."A lady's mother just died and she arranges the funeral.  At the funeral, she meets the love of her life.  What do you think she should do to meet them again?"  I answered "arrange or go to another funeral, since it's likely the funeral director"...she went a bit white and said only a psychopath would have thought of that.

Who'd have thunk that I was almost Dexter Morgan?

PPCLI Guy said:

I've worked with one....and surprisingly it wasn't you.....

devil39 said:
I've worked with one....and surprisingly it wasn't you.....
I could have told you that .For one thing I've never seen him at any of the meeti...... um.....

Back