• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

5 May 12: Lewd act reported at Shilo, soldier arrested.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fatalize

Inactive
Reaction score
http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/local/lewd-act-gets-soldier-arrested-150275125.html

Here, if one (like me) doesnt want to have to open a new link:

CFB Shilo military police have arrested a soldier after responding to a complaint of a "lewd act" on base, the latest in a line of similar complaints since the start of the year.
Base public affairs officer Lori Truscott said a man was arrested after MPs were called to the base recreation centre on Wednesday afternoon.
"There was a complaint of a lewd act at General Strange Hall and MPs responded and arrested him on site," Truscott said.
The Shilo-based soldier hasn't been named because no charges have been laid at this point. He was released Friday afternoon but Truscott said he's under "close military supervision."
The nature of the act hasn't been disclosed but there's an unconfirmed report it involved masturbation.
Truscott said she understands there were a number of youths in the area at the time of the incident but it's not clear whether they witnessed the act.
This marks the ninth report of a lewd act committed either in Brandon or Shilo.
A 24-year-old Shilo soldier was arrested in connection with a Feb. 3 incident in which a woman was walking along a Brandon street when she was grabbed by a man who had his genitals exposed.
He was charged with sexual assault and remains out of custody pending his next court date later this month.
However, Truscott said that is not the same man as the one arrested on Wednesday.
It's not clear at this point whether Wednesday's incident is linked to any of the previous lewd-act reports.
Truscott said at this point there's no evidence to show Wednesday's incident is linked to one on Feb. 1 at Shilo in which two girls, aged 11 and 12, reported a man had followed them. When they turned around, the man stuck his hand down his sweatpants and began to moan.
That incident drew criticism from base employees and residents who complained base officials and police hadn't issued a general public warning following the incident.
At the time, Truscott said military police investigated but concluded there wasn't enough evidence to issue a public warning. Staff at the two schools on the base were notified, however, and patrols increased.
There's been no arrest reported in relation to that matter.
ihitchen@brandonsun.com
Republished from the Winnipeg Free Press print edition May 5, 2012 A13

Sounds like it's time to bring SHARP training back, little boys are having a hard time understanding the difference between right and wrong again.

fraserdw said:
Sounds like it's time to bring SHARP training back, little boys are having a hard time understanding the difference between right and wrong again.

Because taking the SHARP course will teach someone that masturbating in a public place is wrong- other wise they wouldn't know any better?

ObedientiaZelum said:
Because taking the SHARP course will teach someone that masturbating in a public place is wrong- other wise they wouldn't know any better?

:rofl:

dileas

tess

ObedientiaZelum said:

I am always surprised how little today's young adults know about proper conduct; from simple crap to complicated crap.  Yes, believe it or not there many people out there who, thanks to modern parenting, would need to have someone explain this to them.  After both my daughters joined the CF, the stories they came back with amazed me how socially stupid the modern young adult is.

fraserdw said:
I am always surprised how little today's young adults know about proper conduct; from simple crap to complicated crap.  Yes, believe it or not there many people out there who, thanks to modern parenting, would need to have someone explain this to them.  After both my daughters joined the CF, the stories they came back with amazed me how socially stupid the modern young adult is.

So what you are saying is that lewd conduct, such as masturbating in public, is a modern phenomena which can be cured if people are SHARP trained?

I shall retire to Bedlham....

dileas

tess

fraserdw said:

Unless you're on the cutting edge of the investigation, you really don't know what happened or who may, or may not, be guilty.

Best to just keep your gob shut and let the whole thing run it's proper course.

That also goes for anyone else that thinks they should prejudge someone, or their supposed actions.

Milnet.ca Staff

recceguy said:
Unless you're on the cutting edge of the investigation, you really don't know what happened or who may, or may not, be guilty.

Best to just keep your gob shut and let the whole thing run it's proper course.

That also goes for anyone else that thinks they should prejudge someone, or their supposed actions.

Milnet.ca Staff

Actually, I used a generality to avoid prejudgement.  A generality in the legal sense is a vague statement used to avoid incrimination or accusation.

fraserdw said:
Actually, I used a generality to avoid prejudgement.  A generality in the legal sense is a vague statement used to avoid incrimination or accusation.

You should have just left it alone. You're only digging yourself in deeper.

PuckChaser said:
Sure failed at that.

:-\ when I read his post, just seemed like he was talking about youth in general, not calling the person in the story guilty.

1)  A reminder:  The Charter of Rights and Freedoms, and Canada's constitution, guarantees the right to be presumed innocent until proven guilty.

2)  If you think you have new information to move the story forward, keeping the above caveat in mind, contact a mod and we'll consider posting it.

Milnet.ca Staff

fraserdw said:

You mean you wrote your statement just borderline enough to give you wiggle room if it was challenged.

Besides. if it was a blanket statement (generality) on today's youth, you did those youth a great disservice, lumping them all together with a person of interest in an ongoing investigation and a diservice to that person in particular.

Key phrases -  person of interest = not convicted. Ongoing investigation = don't comment on it until the Crown renders a verdict.

So before you presume to lecture us on legal statements, perhaps you better just learn to write one that conveys exactly what you mean.

Milnet.ca Staff

A Canadian Forces Base Shilo soldier has been sentenced to 12 days in military jail for disgraceful conduct after an incident in a women's changing room at the base recreation centre.

One of the victims said the soldier masturbated while watching two women in the changing room. They spotted him after they changed clothes, and it's possible he saw them naked.

"It's super-violating... you're just there for somebody else to look at to do what they want to do," said the woman who asked to remain anonymous.

Lori Truscott, CFB Shilo's public affairs officer, confirmed Bradley Bennett, a gunner with the First Regiment Royal Canadian Horse Artillery, was found guilty of disgraceful conduct under the National Defence Act. The 24-year-old was sentenced at the conclusion of a summary trial before his commanding officer at CFB Shilo Monday. Bennett will serve his time at the Edmonton Detention Barracks, a military jail, but he remains a member of the military.

He joined the Armed Forces relatively recently, Truscott said, and CFB Shilo is his first posting.

(The 20 Aug 12) hearing was closed to the public, said Truscott, who added she couldn't go into specifics about the May 2 incident ....
Winnipeg Free Press, 22 Aug 12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back