• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

48th Highlander, old friend of Art Johnson

Vets Dottir

Inactive
Reaction score
Hi folks,

I'm not sure where to post this but wanted to post in the forum because this man is/was a very good friend of Art Johnson. I used to email back and forth with Art (I miss him :( ) and still do with his friend Norm Cromie.

Well, Norm is now 88 and is under Hospice care due to nothing more to be done for him for heart issues but he is still here and very fiesty and very interested in hearing any news and info about the 48th and wants people to know that "I'd love to hear from anyone ... " He and his wife Betty rock and they both are pretty bound to indoors and the internet is a huge source of interest and communications for them. Betty reads and helps Norm with correspondence because his eyes can't do it anymore.

So please, if you have news or info, or are or know a 48th who may have served with Norm between 39' and the ends of the war, or interesting news about the 48th, please get in touch with him.

If you want to reach him to email him or send him info, please private message me or email me for his contact info and I'll share that with you privately.

I'd love to know he's spending his time enjoying what he wants while waiting to join his friend Art and other buddies.

He sent me and others a message by email and I've shared the message, which ended up here (where Norm is also a member)
http://www.mapleleafup.org/forums/showthread.php?t=13862

We receive "The Flacon", our newsletter and Monthly monthly "News Abooot the hoose" from a previous RSM detailing the goings on of the regiment.

If you like, pm me with his details, and I can forward them on to the appropriate people.  I can also send him a few copies of the falcon and such.

dileas

tess

Back