• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

47 E.O.D. Flight

Spr.Earl

Army.ca Veteran
Inactive
Reaction score
47 E.O.D. Flight which is or I should say was manned by F.E.'s will be no more.
All because of one saying we don't need F.E's we can do it.

DOH!!!

I still have yet to see a Air Force armourer drive track ( D.A.R.E.O.D) ,fire the C6,.50 QCB and maintain the track and weapons or do a runway post attack recce.
Cold Lake do not have the personnel to run the Unit. ::)

Yup someone cocked up ::)

Oh well there goes our F.E. fast track for E.O.D. course's.

So what does that mean for you guys at 192? Back to a FES, or perhaps the ESS?

Spr.Earl said:
If you are suggesting that Cbt Engr will not get the qualifications for EOD, then you best take a step back because you don't know what your talking about.  The plan is in place & the kit is being bought so that there will be more EOD teams in the CERs than total through the Air Force & Navy together.  The EOD school is moving to be fully under the command of the army and there is a good chance it will become a sub-unit of CFSME.

MCG said:
If you are suggesting that Cbt Engr will not get the qualifications for EOD, then you best take a step back because you don't know what your talking about.  The plan is in place & the kit is being bought so that there will be more EOD teams in the CERs than total through the Air Force & Navy together.  The EOD school is moving to be fully under the command of the army and there is a good chance it will become a sub-unit of CFSME.

Er SIR,re read what I POSTED !

I have served with 47 since 97 ,all got their courses quicker with 47 than with say  staying with in 1CER ,2 CER etc.

And all of your experience WRT ease of getting on an EOD course is out of touch with the current situation & where we are going.  In your 10 years of EOD experience, there were not established EOD teams in the regiments.  That is changing.  Even without establishing those teams, EOD teams are being used operationally by the Army & that has gone a significant way to bumping CERs well up the priorety chain for spots on the courses (and the school is running more courses).

MCG said:
And all of your experience WRT ease of getting on an EOD course is out of touch with the current situation & where we are going.  In your 10 years of EOD experience, there were not established EOD teams in the regiments.  That is changing.  Even without establishing those teams, EOD teams are being used operationally by the Army & that has gone a significant way to bumping CERs well up the priorety chain for spots on the courses (and the school is running more courses).

Sir ,you miss my point !!!
All those who have been posted to 47 (REG FORCE) !!!!!!!!!
Got all of thier E.O.D. cources quicker than being with in a Regiment!

I am not missing your point.  You are arguing that AVN Techs taking the EOD role in the Air Force will mean that Cbt Engrs will get slower through-put on the EOD courses.  You say this because in the past Fd Engr got on the courses faster by going to EOD units in the Air Force.  I am saying that the past is no longer a good indicator.  In the past there were no established EOD Tms in the regiments.  That is changing.  Now guys don't have to leave to get what used to only be available through those Air Force postings.

MCG said:
I am not missing your point.  You are arguing that AVN Techs taking the EOD role in the Air Force will mean that Cbt Engrs will get slower through-put on the EOD courses.  You say this because in the past Fd Engr got on the courses faster by going to EOD units in the Air Force.  I am saying that the past is no longer a good indicator.  In the past there were no established EOD Tms in the regiments.  That is changing.  Now guys don't have to leave to get what used to only be available through those Air Force postings.

MCG,all who have come in have gone gotten their ticket punched once or twice with in a year.

But there is the other side of our the task.

We do post attack damage and uxo Recce.'s for post attack recovery and that is/was the main aim of 47 EOD Flight.

Can you see them coming off the flight line taking over our task?

Not knowing how to drive track (D.A.R.E.O.D.),or know the C6 ,.50 QCP.,mine dector etc. never mind doing a recce !

Nick

UBIQUE

In the first post you use the term F.E. which I figured out stood for field engineer. If any air force types or herc crews read this they might mistake that for flight engineer. Just a point to note.

ArmyRick said:
In the first post you use the term F.E. which I figured out stood for field engineer. If any air force types or herc crews read this they might mistake that for flight engineer. Just a point to note.

I highly doubt that

CDN Aviator said:
I highly doubt that
To be honest, when I first read it, my initial thought was "why the **** are flight engineers doing EOD?".  I figured it out though.  And I was Army (before retirement), but I did wear "Timmy" wings.

Spr.Earl said:
47 E.O.D. Flight which is or I should say was manned by F.E.'s will be no more.
All because of one saying we don't need F.E's we can do it.

DOH!!!

I still have yet to see a Air Force armourer drive track ( D.A.R.E.O.D) ,fire the C6,.50 QCB and maintain the track and weapons or do a runway post attack recce.
Cold Lake do not have the personnel to run the Unit. ::)

Yup someone cocked up ::)

Hmmmm.....this goes exactly against what the Career Mgr said one week ago. A few of the young Cpl's in 2CER were asked about their willingness to fill those 043 positions in Cold Lake. Very interesting...

WRT guys in a regiment getting the "slow track" for EOD courses, we have guys in 2CER (myself included) who have been H'd up the ying yang from nothing in the last year or two, so I would have to agree with MCG that things are a changin'  ;)

I think everyone is losing the point of the forum, this was a good spot for 043's to go in order to get the crses and still have a break from the unit. Also the airforce does not have the tech's to fill the positions right now with the fact they are taking the guys off the line (on mass) to train the new tech's coming up. With regards to more crse's being run well........................................

EOD courses in Borden have been a problem for years & years.  While the Navy was looking after the shop, the chances of getting 5 CER troops through Borden were slim & none. 

That the school is moving to Gagetown & will be under CFSME I say, it's about F%&?*ing time.

WRT the standing down of the EOD flight, does that mean that the troops are going back to a CER and there will be a Field Sqn in Sp?

geo said:
That the school is moving to Gagetown & will be under CFSME I say, it's about F%&?*ing time.

The college of knowledge will f**k it up somehow

From my perspective, the Navy broke it a long time ago

CDN Aviator said:

You sound so happy  ::) look at it this way, at least it is not going to be run by the ammo techs (no offense to them  :cheers:).

CDN Aviator said:

It's not called the Canadian Forces School of Monsterous Errors for nothing  ;D

Back