• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

4 Al Qaeda commanders killed in Afghanistan

greentoblue

Inactive
Reaction score
(Didn't see this posted anywhere:)

Al Qaeda has released a statement saying four of its commanders in Afghanistan have been killed.  One of the four is explosives expert Abu Khabab al-Masri.

(http://news.sympatico.msn.ctv.ca/abc/home/contentposting.aspx?isfa=1&feedname=CTV-TOPSTORIES_V3&showbyline=True&newsitemid=CTVNews%2f20080803%2faq_deaths_080803)
---
Good riddance to bad rubbish.

I find it interesting that AQ would make a news statement about its leadership being killed.  Do they normally post the truth or would they be planting false statements to try to take pressure off their leadership? 

4 mass murdering terrorists taken out by an air attack . . .  Woo Hoo  . . ..

Couldn't  happen to bigger A-holes.

Aerobicrunner said:
I find it interesting that AQ would make a news statement about its leadership being killed.  Do they normally post the truth or would they be planting false statements to try to take pressure off their leadership?   

My suspicions also.

George Wallace said:
My suspicions also.

If they are dead, why would NATO still need to look for them?

I don't believe this without bodies ID'd by the right authorities.

Eye In The Sky said:
I don't believe this without bodies ID'd by the right authorities.

It's been posted on the Internet so it's gotta be true!

The death of al Masri is a good thing as he trained the USS Cole bombers.

Quote from first linked article:
Mustafa Abu al-Yazeed, al Qaeda's top leader in Afghanistan, signed the statement, which is dated July 30. It has not been independently authenticated.

Does this mean the statement has not been independently authenticated or the deaths of the individuals? Defiantly a suspect statement either way.

CNN article
http://www.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/asiapcf/08/03/terrorist.killed/index.html

Quote from above linked article:
A senior Pakistani official said last week it was a "near certainty" that weapons expert Midhat Mursi al-Sayid Umar died in a U.S. airstrike Monday in Pakistan's tribal region.

It would be nice if they would elaborate on how they came to this conclusion.

I haven't looked at the links. My 'gut' feeling is that they are running a tad bit scared from recent deaths in their hierarcy. They have a great habit of disinformationm when it suits them.

NATO has delivered a pretty crucial blow in the last couple of weeks against their senior leadership.

I would suggest until bodies are provided and verified, we take what's said with a grain of salt.

Back