• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

32 years old, wanting to join reserves

kevinm1980

Inactive
Reaction score
tried searching for the info im looking for, however do not like the search on here,  anyways i am a 32 year old male, have a career in a trade already, however for the past 2 years have been thinking of joining the reserves, my question is is there a position in the reserves for me, not looking for trade training, for example, is their  infantry reserves? and be mostly a weekend only thing for regular reserve training? ive tried the forces.ca site but like alot of canadian government sites not too helpfull

kevinm1980 said:
my question is is there a position in the reserves for me

Maybe

kevinm1980 said:
is their  infantry reserves?

Yes

kevinm1980 said:
and be mostly a weekend only thing for regular reserve training?

During the year (Sept-May?) there is 1 training night a week,  weekend excercises,  weekend and summer courses, etc

kevinm1980 said:
ive tried the forces.ca site but like alot of canadian government sites not too helpfull

Look around more,  try google.  Lots of info out there.  Try "infantry reserves *insert your city*"

OK did that apparently there is the The Loyal Edmonton Regiment, just got to figure out how to apply forces site not co-opperating for me

I am assuming you found this as well

Address: 10440 108 Avenue Northwest, Edmonton, AB T5H 4M8
Phone:(780) 421-9943
Hours: Monday hours 10:00 am–4:00 pm

When you have a chance during the week or on Thursday(I believe they parade on Thursdays) call them.  Or on the Thursday night visit the armoury and speak with their recruiter.  They are located right next to NAIT and across the street from a mall(I forget the name of it)

i think i will go there never hurts to go ask some questions, another question, is there any call for a journeyman sheet metal mechanic in reserves and would already having a trade be beneficial in anyway?

kevinm1980 said:
another question, is there any call for a journeyman sheet metal mechanic in reserves and would already having a trade be beneficial in anyway?

Closest Army trade I can think of would be Material Tech,  but AFAIK that isn't available in the Reserves.  If you want to look into a similar field,  inquire about the EME trades(Vehicle and Weapons Tech) at 41 Service Battalion.

http://www.army.forces.gc.ca/41SERVICE_BATTALION/home-accueil-eng.asp

i may pop my head in there its right by my work, according to the forces website there are two recruiting officers there

Honestly, I would pursue something in the Reserves that's different from your civilian trade. Why do a job 9-5 and then go to an armouries on weekends and Tuesday nights and do the same thing? Change it up! Go infantry.

infantry would be my first choice, guess it all depends if they are recruiting or not..lol

In my area the reserves usually start the process around April, for enrollment in September for weekend BMQ. If the brigade where you are runs full time summer BMQ you might be in sooner. Only way is to go in and find out! Good luck  :)

Military Police in Edmonton - Check us out - we are looking for applicants - http://Forums.Army.ca/forums/threads/107314.0.html

Back