• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

3 Fld Sqn (1 CER)

ArmyVern said:
For once, I'm pleased to say (to quote Shaggy) --- "It wasn't me" and actually mean it.  ;)

I'm sure that we will be able to figure out a way to blame you Vern.....  ;D

Kat Stevens said:
Well, you may know where MOST of them are..... >:D

I know how many didn't make into my hands, and who I let "take them down for me."  ;D

Spr.Earl said:
We have a range Ex this weekend and I had to got out to A.S.U. (Ex 1 C.E.R. building) for our pre range weapon's refresher,Bubble's was on the gate and I had a yack with him,he is still the same,he told me that Larry Mackelrevie (sp) dropped by the other day and all is well with him.

I was at A.S.U Chilliwack a few weeks ago and also had the  chance to spend a few minutes with "Bubbles" it was sure nice to see him, probably close to 30 years since the last time. Chilliwack sure has changed. I will probably be visiting there a few more times between now and 2010 it would be nice to bump into other Sappers that are living there now who were there in the 70's when I was posted there 75-78.

Here's a web site for you for Sappers from the Wack run by Harry Poile.

http://members.shaw.ca/hpoile/

I don't know if most of you remember me but I was posted to 1 CER in September of 1977 just as the boys were coming back from Eagle River. I left for 3 years then came back in 1983. Jack Dunster you nut....How are you? Remember trying to sell instant water in Shilo door to door in the tent lines? I have sat here for the better part of an hour reading all the posts and its good to see that you are all still alive. I hope that this thread goes for a long time. BTW Theo Henderson lives in Hope, BC.

hi! Life has taken me to stranger places since - forstry - geology - agronomy and now - and for the last ten years - an impoverished  teacher of English - in Poland.... I suppose I could go lower..... Naaaaaaaaa...... We have to have a reunion sometime!

Paddy said:
I don't know if most of you remember me but I was posted to 1 CER in September of 1977 just as the boys were coming back from Eagle River. I left for 3 years then came back in 1983. Jack Dunster you nut....How are you? Remember trying to sell instant water in Shilo door to door in the tent lines? I have sat here for the better part of an hour reading all the posts and its good to see that you are all still alive. I hope that this thread goes for a long time. BTW Theo Henderson lives in Hope, BC.

I remember ya Andy. The 1 CER Facebook group is starting to really fill up with old farts.

SprCForr said:
I remember ya Andy. The 1 CER Facebook group is starting to really fill up with old farts.

Are you saying that just because some of us were on Eagle river bridge, we are old farts, or were in the unit when it became 1CER....... frickin sprogs.... I remember the days.....  ;D

I guess I should have added "us" between the with and the old!

;D

Back