• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

2nd language training

Tyrnagog

Inactive
Reaction score
I (and my wife) was just wondering...

It i sstated that the 2nd language training in St. Jean takes about 7 months... what about those recruits that know some french?

Do you know what "levels" the forces are looking for? My wife works with the RCMP in Human Resources, and I guess people who use both official languages have their abilites in reading, writing and oral set at 1 of 4 levels.. A, B, C, and Exempt... does the same apply for the CF?

Merci Beaucoup... :p

7 months of French language training is for those with little or minimal French knowledge. Depending on how much you know (and they will assess you), it should take less than 7 months to take the 2nd language training. Don‘t know if these "levels" with the RCMP are the same in the CF though.

I was told by a recruiter that a level ‘B‘ proficiency is required.

Oh wait! I just realized what levels you mean, Tyrnagog. Yes, they are the same used in the CF.

Ask for a placement test at the bases‘ second language school. There are 3 parts: oral, comprehension and grammar.

To ‘skip‘ the Second Language Course, you need a B-A-B (oral-writing-reading) on the placement exam.

Best of luck!
-Dave

Back