• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

2nd Battalion, The Irish Regiment POC

Stryker_11A

Inactive
Reaction score
I would like to establish a contact with the 2nd Battalion, The Irish Regiment in Sudbury, Ontario. My wife and son have recently moved back to Sudbury due to my 2nd deployment to Iraq. I will be immigrating to Canada upon my return from Iraq and retirement from the Army. I feel that it is better for her to be with her friends and family while i am away. The reason I need to establish a contact is for WIA/KIA notification in person. I have only received puzzled looks when I ask my chain of command how they will handle a death notification with my next of kin living in Canada. Since my reserve unit is based in Pennsylvania, and the Marine Security Guard detachment is in Ottawa I am not very confidant that the notification will be done properly. I would like to make arrangements with the Irish Regimental HQ to personally do the notification after being informed by my units rear detachment commander.

I will be making visits to Sudbury until we deploy and would like to stop in and make the arrangements.

Any information would be great. Thank you.

Sudbury is only a five hour drive from Ottawa.  I don't think you should have any worries there.

There are one or two members on this site who are in the 2nd Bn, but you should realize that our Reserves are very different from those in the US.

I can help you out when I'm in the office on monday.

IrRC (PPCLI) said:
Stryker_11A

How did you do with your request.

Last time he log into army.ca was "Mai 10, 2008, 17:01:25",
and his post here dated from February ...

So your question may not get an answer soon ...

My sincere apologies to all, I have been extremely busy the last 6 months conducting pre-mobilization training, having another son, etc. In addition I just took company command of one of our line companies. We are due to rotate over very soon. As far as any notification process, the Dept. of the Army will make all arrangements.

God bless and good luck to all.

Back