• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

29 Oct 11: CPL Justin Matthew Stark, 1989-2011, R.I.P.

acronym

Inactive
Reaction score
http://www.thespec.com/news/local/article/616855--canadian-forces-investigating-armoury-death

Canadian Forces investigating armoury death

The Canadian Forces National Investigation Service (CFNIS) is investigating the death of a reserve soldier at the John W. Foote VC Armouries on James Street North.

Captain Tim Fletcher, the public affairs officer for the 31 Canadian Brigade Group, would only confirm that a soldier had died inside the armoury Saturday, but said further details could not be released.

The incident did not pose a concern for further danger to the public, he said.

Next of kin are being notified.

Hamilton police were also called in with the CFNIS Saturday and released the scene later in the afternoon, he said.

Hamilton police referred questions to the CFNIS.

The Hamilton Spectator

As shit news comes in three's I hope this is it.  :(

I can't agree more with the comments.  Please let this be the last for this week.  RIP troop.

My thoughts and condolences to his family and friends.  I hope the investigation is thourough and results in what ever happened not happening again.

This is at my armories.  :-[
We got back from a weekend exercise and were informed of what had happened. No information was given to us other than what was stated above. Such a horrible thing to happen, and not knowing if you know the soldier or not is a messed up feeling. My most sincere condolences go out to the members family as I have just lost my mother this summer while on course and I pray the family stays strong! I will have a special prayer for this member at our Remembrance Day parade.

http://obits.dignitymemorial.com/dignity-memorial/obituary-print.aspx?n=Justin-Stark&lc=3122&pid=154429131&mid=4870623

RIP Cpl Stark.  :salute: :cdn:

What happened? Damn - why?

Anyone who knows the family please pass on our condolences.....and we'll be there for them.

RIP Troop.    condolences to the family and all who knew him. He will not be forgotten......

:salute:  :cdn:    :yellow:    :remembrance:

Jim Seggie said:
What happened? Damn - why?

Details have not been released by the family or by DND at this time. Those who may know details should withhold that information until it is officially released.

A profile of Cpl Stark's return from Afghanistan was published in the Dunnville Chronicle ten months ago.

http://www.dunnvillechronicle.com/ArticleDisplay.aspx?e=2907993&archive=true

Regular and reserve soldiers carry weapons off the amouries’ premises depending on the training, which is the case for battle fitness tests, Hatfield said. Trained regimental quartermasters and supply technicians supervise the storage of training weapons, which are held and accounted for inside the armouries, he said.

“The Canadian Forces have strict guidelines regarding weapon security,” Hatfield said. “I can tell you that the Canadian Forces’ accountability for their weapons is very high.”

Sorry this sound like damage control.

Everyone liked Stark, Hope a lot of people managed to go to his funeral today.

Back