• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

22 Hornet

OLD F of S

Inactive
Reaction score
              Does anyone out there use a Hornet, just bought one and am looking for a supplier to purchase rounds. I had 20 rounds but used them on zeroing and getting used to the weapon, looks like a fine varmit rifle.

Regards OLD F of S

Depending on where you are, you could probably get your local gun shop to order it. It's still made by Remington, Winchester and a couple of others.

Wholesale sports in Calgary carry both Win and Rem in 22 Hornet.

www.wholesalesports.com

Cheers

I've had several Hornets in the past and my current one is a K-hornet that shoots like a house on fire.  In the standard Hornet I've had excellent results with 11 gr of IMR4227 and a Winchester 45 gr HP manufactured specifically for the Hornet's velocity range (I buy these in bulk 1-5000 at a time).  You can use bullets for the .222/.223/.22-250, but the jackets are generally too thick and they usually won't open well, if at all.  I've also had good results with AA #9, 2400, H110 and L'il Gun powders.  Use a pistol primer instead of a rifle primer - the Hornet is a small case and doesn't need all that flame to get things going.  The rifle primer will do weird things to your accuracy also.

The other thing that seems to help is to neck-size your brass when reloading after they've been fired in your rifle.  This step seems to centre the cartridge in the chamber better and contributes to accuracy.  The only way to be truly happy with a Hornet is to handload for it - save a ton of money too shich just translates into more shooting.

Hope you have a blast with it...

Blake

whenever I spend an hour brass pickin' at the spruce grove Range, i allways find a few .22 Hornet brass cases around.  Nice cartridge.  Where the heck is Shipka Ontario?

Try this site:

www.canadiangunnutz.com

Also this site, for the politics of it all:

"cdn-firearms-digest 

To unsubscribe from _all_ the lists, put the next five lines
in a message and mailto:majordomo@sfn.saskatoon.sk.ca
unsubscribe cdn-firearms-digest
unsubscribe cdn-firearms-alert
unsubscribe cdn-firearms-chat
unsubscribe cdn-firearms
end
(To subscribe, use "subscribe" instead of "unsubscribe".)"

TCBF
    Shipka is about 30 miles north of London Ont. pop 20 to 25 depends if anyone has visitors. It's a nice quiet spot where an old soldier can piss off the back porch with out offending the locals.

Regards OLD F of S

Gobles in London should carry it. Call them to confirm.
BTW will be in your neck of the woods later today on first-aid duty for a motocross at the former air base.

Best Wishes

Thanks for the input, I found a supplier sells ammo out of his garage just outside Clinton the old radar base.

Regards OLD F of S

Back