• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

2022 CPC Leadership Discussion: Et tu Redeux

O'Toole will resign his seat at the end of the spring session.

Meah.

Tired Pbs Nature GIF by Nature on PBS

Interesting Article

Was an interesting take. And not entirely wrong. Occasional PP will say something that is on point and could attract voters s then he reverts to his old self and I can’t help but eye roll.

Lots of time left. But Don Martin brings up some valid points that should be heeded.

Someone ought to tell him he won the leadership and now it's time to pivot to campaigning in the centre, since he seems not to have managed to pick up the lesson during his short time in politics.

Someone ought to tell him he won the leadership and now it's time to pivot to campaigning in the centre, since he seems not to have managed to pick up the lesson during his short time in politics.
I wonder if their internal polling is telling them otherwise. It's not like the pivot to centre worked well for the last two guys.

This came across my social media feed (which is pretty limited). I think he was actually tweeting about some carbon take stuff, that just happened to be on the same day, but was pretty tone deaf.

Crying about someone being 'woke' is a stupid gutter politics equivalent to calling everyone else a Nazi but given that the centre/left side of things has the bulk of the votes he's running hard for leader of the opposition again.

Personally still think he was a poor choice, and leaning into crypto, the freedom convoy and others seems to be a recipe for first loser.

339567480_235823318853108_1899356372155145656_n.jpg

Blah Blah Blah absolute nonsense guys.

PP is campaigning on drug OD/Narcotics reform (we clearly have a problem), Electoral accountability (we need especially in light of electoral interference), Lowering taxes especially carbon tax (a blundering failure from the get go), Opening up O and G for Canada (We still important ton of oil which is ridiculous), criminal bail reform (notice how many on bail are murdering people lately?), reducing red tape bureaucracy on building more homes across Canada (why are immigrating so many when we really don't have space and building homes helps economic growth), warned his MPs this year to stay away from WEF (soverenity!), Opening up economic opportunities for First Nations (Ohhh wait, that might be a great thing?)

I could keep going on. Its a lengthy list. And true he could very well break promises (god knows Trudeau broke almost every single promise he made), however then it is up to US, the good people of Canada to fire his ass if he does so. He damn well deserves a chance. WHo gives a rats ass what CBC, CTV, Global, etc (they ones who took bail out money) think?

Whats the problem here folks? Angry? Hell yes. So are many Canadians. I have another friend who lost his home two weeks ago, but luckily he got smart and moved to the States with his brother. Two years ago, this guys contracting business was ridiculously busy. He adjusted his rates to keep up with the cost/expense increases and lost a ton of customers (who have NO more money to pay)

Say it with me, army.ca, Canadians are broke, and fed up with being broke. They are fed up with woke. They are fed up with lies and stalling in parliamentary question period. They are fed up with in action from our federal government. Hence why Pierre gets out there like a pit bull and rips the Liberals a new one. Many of you don't bother to watch CPAC or question period. He is awesome. Pierre is a rock star.

This came across my social media feed (which is pretty limited). I think he was actually tweeting about some carbon take stuff, that just happened to be on the same day, but was pretty tone deaf.

Crying about someone being 'woke' is a stupid gutter politics equivalent to calling everyone else a Nazi but given that the centre/left side of things has the bulk of the votes he's running hard for leader of the opposition again.

Personally still think he was a poor choice, and leaning into crypto, the freedom convoy and others seems to be a recipe for first loser.

View attachment 77117
I can assure you. I suspect majority of Canadians are not anti-trans. Most really don't care.

However they are sick of this nonsense being pushed down their throats. I sure as hell am. This is what the Liberals go on and on about so we don't notice all their scandalous actions and behaviour.

He's not wrong on the woke part, even if it was a response to something else.
Its funny. Go Face Book, Twitter, Instagram or YouTube and you will find so little support for Trudeau (even from his own fan base) and Canadians are out for his head next election.
Singh? I suspect he killed the NDP.

I can assure you. I suspect majority of Canadians are not anti-trans. Most really don't care.

However they are sick of this nonsense being pushed down their throats. I sure as hell am. This is what the Liberals go on and on about so we don't notice all their scandalous actions and behaviour.
I don't really care either, but he's playing into the general trap of having these as 'red line' issues. Waffling on things like the abortion stance for the CPC (he's pretty clear on his personal stance) plays into that.

He doesn't need to go on about it, but ignoring it is counterproductive as well. Put out something clear, move on from there and focus on what he really cares about. The people who will never vote for the CPC will never vote for them but they are driving away potential voters by acting like a bunch of assholes. I don't want to really vote for any of the parties, but him and Trudeau are actively driving me away from them. If I get lucky I'll get a reasonable local candidate from one of the minor parties or an independent.

I don't really care either, but he's playing into the general trap of having these as 'red line' issues. Waffling on things like the abortion stance for the CPC (he's pretty clear on his personal stance) plays into that.

He doesn't need to go on about it, but ignoring it is counterproductive as well. Put out something clear, move on from there and focus on what he really cares about. The people who will never vote for the CPC will never vote for them but they are driving away potential voters by acting like a bunch of assholes. I don't want to really vote for any of the parties, but him and Trudeau are actively driving me away from them. If I get lucky I'll get a reasonable local candidate from one of the minor parties or an independent.
I wonder why his popularity is increasing in the polls? Not that I really trust polls

I wonder why gets a standing ovation everywhere he goes? ohhh

Trudeau? Gets booo'd to high hell.

I understand your not wanting to vote Trudeau, thats logical. I suspect your looking for a reason to not vote CPC. Did you vote for O'Tooles Conservatives? Or Scheer CPC?

Final question, are you from the East coast?

PP is campaigning on drug OD/Narcotics reform (we clearly have a problem),
He’s looking at suing big pharma (likely to take decades of litigation and will not yield much). He’s against safe injection sites. He wants to focus on treatment which is nice but you can’t treat dead people.
Electoral accountability (we need especially in light of electoral interference),
You do know he failed on the fair elections act which was severely flawed and was a proponent of taking away power from elections Canada. I’m not sure his track record is great on that one.
Lowering taxes especially carbon tax (a blundering failure from the get go),
Unless he has a better environmental plan, he won’t make too much headway there with voters.
Opening up O and G for Canada (We still important ton of oil which is ridiculous),

Sure but he hasn’t said how he will achieve this. He’ll be facing the exact same issues. I’d like to see his actual plan.
criminal bail reform (notice how many on bail are murdering people lately?),
Sure. It definitely needs a look at.
reducing red tape bureaucracy
Again. How? His plain language policy won’t work so what else?
on building more homes across Canada (why are immigrating so many when we really don't have space and building homes helps economic growth),
Ah yes. This is his populist talk. Homes are an issue. But it mostly a municipal one. So far all he’s said is he would threaten municipalities that don’t increase home building. He’s actually part of the issue being a landlord and owning an actual rental home company.
warned his MPs this year to stay away from WEF (soverenity!)
I’ll agree to disagree on this. Plays well to his base but really, who cares? Harper went. He wouldn’t be welcome in his cabinet I guess.
, Opening up economic opportunities for First Nations (Ohhh wait, that might be a great thing?)
That’s so far one of things he’s has been stronger on. Albeit he made that announcement after having to do some damage control after meeting a fringe group that denies the impact of residential schools. But it’s a good policy.

As some have stated. He turns me off and I have a few reasons why he isn’t getting my vote. That could change once I see what’s on offer in a campaign. I will likely vote for who I think will be a better MP for my riding. Because right now none of the major parties inspire me to vote for them on those lines.

I stand by what I have said.

Some of you are simply looking for reasons not to vote Pierre or you want such a perfect leader, it doesn't exist, never did and never will.

Canada needs to get behind Pierre for the next election or say hello to 4 more years of Trudeau and his delusional ego

Got an alternative choice in party leaders? Lets hear it

I wonder why his popularity is increasing in the polls? Not that I really trust polls

I understand your not wanting to vote Trudeau, thats logical. I suspect your looking for a reason to not vote CPC. Did you vote for O'Tooles Conservatives? Or Scheer CPC?

Final question, are you from the East coast?
I don't trust polls either, but did vote for O'Toole, not Scheer and from the Golden horseshoe in a strong union town (ie NDP before they went insane).

I don't personnally follow party lines, so vote for the platform of the day. I was good with Martin LPC, okay with Harper CPC, provincially waffle around (and tend to vote for the actual candidate vice the party).

I think living within your means, having some kind of reasonable safety net, and also encouraging internal economy is the way to go, but need a balance. I am for manufacturing and O&G, but not at any expense. Growing up around a lot of brownfields, seeing poisoned water everywhere etc are I think not the way to go, but doesn't mean you don't make anything, just capture it and clean it up. The tens of thousands of orphan wells out west is a good example of irresponsible development that ignores real impacts. Jobs today shouldn't poison your grandkids tomorrow.

PP is campaigning on drug OD/Narcotics reform (we clearly have a problem), Electoral accountability (we need especially in light of electoral interference), Lowering taxes especially carbon tax (a blundering failure from the get go), Opening up O and G for Canada (We still important ton of oil which is ridiculous), criminal bail reform (notice how many on bail are murdering people lately?), reducing red tape bureaucracy on building more homes across Canada (why are immigrating so many when we really don't have space and building homes helps economic growth), warned his MPs this year to stay away from WEF (soverenity!), Opening up economic opportunities for First Nations (Ohhh wait, that might be a great thing?)

Say it with me, army.ca, Canadians are broke, and fed up with being broke. They are fed up with woke. They are fed up with lies and stalling in parliamentary question period. They are fed up with in action from our federal government. Hence why Pierre gets out there like a pit bull and rips the Liberals a new one. Many of you don't bother to watch CPAC or question period. He is awesome. Pierre is a rock star.
Pierre would be best (and excellent) as a house leader or key shadow minister (Ethics right now) doing that bottom bolded section day in, day out. Coupled with a measured leader presenting Canadians with a well articulated, well thought out vision for life after Trudeau it would be a knockout 1-2 punch and Trudeau's catastrophic 3rd term wouldn't be polling neck and neck.

He's not campaigning on anything, because he's a reacting to everything. Blogs and tweets aren't a platform for government. The 2023 CPC doesn't have a real platform, that's unacceptable.

And lowering taxes is just as fundamentally inflationary and fiscally irresponsible as spending. A dollar is a dollar.

Barring a major policy hang up that I can't condone between here and the election I'll be voting blue (mainly because of Alex), but given the current government's absolute clusterfuck and JT's unpopularity the fact that the CPC isn't already polling ahead in a landslide is an indictment of the leader and direction of the party.

His popularity isn’t really rising. The CPC’s is though. He’s still not seen as the best federal leader right now.
He has really only done friendly events with supporters. It very carefully orchestrated.
I would argue as PM he currently has to go to a variety of places where that can and will happen. I would also argue that his detractors are far more galvanized and will express that by showing up to do that.
I personally am looking for a reason to vote for them. For anyone really. Right now most are giving me reasons to vote against them. I voted for O’toole. Didn’t vote for Scheer. I’ve also voted for Harper and yes even Trudeau. I’ve also voted against both which is a more apt description.

Pierre would be best (and excellent) as a house leader or key shadow minister (Ethics right now) doing that bottom bolded section day in, day out. Coupled with a measured leader presenting Canadians with a well articulated, well thought out vision for life after Trudeau it would be a knockout 1-2 punch and Trudeau's catastrophic 3rd term wouldn't be polling neck and neck.

He's not campaigning on anything, because he's a reacting to everything. Blogs and tweets aren't a platform for government. The 2023 CPC doesn't have a real platform, that's unacceptable.

And lowering taxes is just as fundamentally inflationary and fiscally irresponsible as spending. A dollar is a dollar.

Barring a major policy hang up that I can't condone between here and the election I'll be voting blue (mainly because of Alex), but given the current government's absolute clusterfuck and JT's unpopularity the fact that the CPC isn't already polling ahead in a landslide is an indictment of the leader and direction of the party.
He actually has a platform.

since he seems not to have managed to pick up the lesson during his short time in politics.

I see what you did there… 😆

Was discussing this very thing this morning with my definitely not-straight cousin. He noted that from his POV (interacting with straight, gay and trans communities), there is often greater personality-based negative sentiment within and amongst sub-groups in society than proportionally greater CIS/straight anti-trans (or anti-gay) sentiment. He said, “don’t underestimate trans (or gays’) ability to be b**chy and negative to each other!” It was interesting to hear that from him, TBH. He pointed out some of the very valid complaints of some elements of the trans community pointed out by Dave Chappel. A lot of his gay and trans friends ironically (to me at least) say, “Yeah, what the straight black guy said!”

Not a position as much as a ‘food for though’ single data point.

I will leave my thoughts on this here. I voted for Harper Conservatives in the '04 and '06 election (I will admit in '04, I was really thinking about going to Martins Liberals, it was nearly a coin toss for me).

I didn't vote for Harpers conservatives after '06 because I felt he had turn his back on the vets (I had friends coming back A-stan in bad shape and going through hell with VAC) and he fired my MP, whom I supported (Helena Guergis at the time). I voted independent for the next election (s? can't remember) and then voted Green in the 2015 Harper Out-Trudeau in election.

I also have a strong support for the environment (stop saying climate, poor choice of words) however ALL the focus right now is on the WRONG things. Totally misdirected efforts. They need to back off the over focus on Carbon emissions and stop with the alternative energy and EV nonsense.

Back