• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

2015 CFRP Competition Question

opcougar

Inactive
Reaction score
Good day all,

My main question is about CANFORGEN 132/14 CMP 057/14, and trying to help a certain member put together a good package before it gets passed up.

Situation: I was not the mbrs supervisor until recently, but have worked with mbr in some capacity for 2yrs and know that they will make a good officer. Their previous supervisor didn't staff the request i.e. help get docs together / look over it or even provide substantiated material to help member.

I am trying to make this right, and we've already gone thru all the docs asked for in the CANFORGEN.

For those of you that have gone this route, is there any advice i.e. other stuff that should be included / things to do to better help this request get a chance e.g. Memo draft format etc?

Pls advise

Thanks

opcougar said:
Good day all,

My main question is about CANFORGEN 132/14 CMP 057/14, and trying to help a certain member put together a good package before it gets passed up.

Situation: I was not the mbrs supervisor until recently, but have worked with mbr in some capacity for 2yrs and know that they will make a good officer. Their previous supervisor didn't staff the request i.e. help get docs together / look over it or even provide substantiated material to help member.

I am trying to make this right, and we've already gone thru all the docs asked for in the CANFORGEN.

For those of you that have gone this route, is there any advice i.e. other stuff that should be included / things to do to better help this request get a chance e.g. Memo draft format etc?

Pls advise

Thanks

Best advice I can give you, CFR is not a commissioning program that you "apply" for.  Supervisors recognize the potential of an individual and in turn make a "recommendation" to the Unit CO through the appropriate CoC.  If the CO concurs, then it is the CO who staffs a "nomination".

CF members don't just up and submit an application on their own.  Normally when they do, is normally when it get's shot down.

Para 1. of the CANFORGEN "The CFRP is a nomination program in the literal sense, in that members are not invited to apply for commissioning, as the CO is responsible for identifying potential nominees."

Thank you...perhaps a misunderstanding.

I'll try again, what am looking for is the organization i.e. the putting together of material for recommendation that gets pushed up for the CoC' peruse.

opcougar said:
Thank you...perhaps a misunderstanding.

I'll try again, what am looking for is the organization i.e. the putting together of material for recommendation that gets pushed up for the CoC' peruse.

Sorry about that, I found it strange that you would word it that way but I have seen it attempted.  In which case, see para 5. of the CANFORGEN.  You need to complete the accompanying Annexes from CFAO 11-9 and obtain the supporting documents (copies "should" be available on the Pers File).  The DND 2790 (Assessment Report) is completed by your local W/BPSO.  It may be possible that the PSO has these Annexes in electronic format for you to use.

Sorry about the misunderstanding on my part!  Good luck!

PS - PM inbound with a DWAN link to the electronic forms.....

It doesn't hurt to submit a memo to your CO requesting consideration for the program. This is exactly what I and many others have successfully done.

Edit: Looking back through my files, the memo was titled: Request for consideration for CFR Program

I went thru the process three years ago.  PM sent.

Back