• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

2011 CF-18 Demonstration Team Website Launched

WingsofFury

Inactive
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

The AF has launched it's 2011 CF-18 Hornet Demo Team website complete with a current schedule and bios of the pilot and crews from Cold Lake and Bagotville.

Pictures of the demo plane will be coming in early April, will post when available!

Attila

I'll second that it looks great.  It and the Snowbirds are here in Comox on their annual pre-season training flights.  I'm sure that the Wing is gearing up for the annual spike in noise complaints from the retired crowd  ;D

Thought I'd share a couple of photos from the Bagotville and St. Thomas air shows this year - cheers.

On static at 3 Wing

IMG_5367.jpg

Topside paint in Bagotville

IMG_6229.jpg

Taking to the skies in St. Thomas

IMG_8243.jpg

Burner and vapour in St. Thomas

IMG_8284.jpg

And catching the cable at the end of it all...

IMG_8299.jpg

Wings of Fury - Just got back from the Airshow over in Gatineau - Got there late and had to leave early....stupid brother!! I left as the Lanc, Hurricane, Spitfire, Mustang and P40 made their first pass - mezmorizing is all I can say. Sorry for posting here but there was no "Airshow 2011" thread.  I was going to PM you but thought I would do this in a thread in the hope that you may have some better pics than I got that you might feel compelled to post!  I still say you have the best job in the world!

I got there late too and watched from a distance. Why were there only 8 snowbirds? It was weird to see one solo going through the motions without the other.

Hey there everyone,

Its been a very long summer for me this year as I became personally involved with the Waterloo Airshow as their Media Manager.  I took all of July and most of August off to make sure that things were going smoothly with our show (which it did) and as such I didn't see any other shows.  Then, while on the treadmill one morning, my back decided to go out on me and I've been recovering from a torn muscle in my lower back.

As such, I didn't get to Toronto, Windsor, or Gatineau to take photos - what can you do?  On the upside, I'm now at about 75% and am looking forward to heading down to NAS Oceana for their centennial anniversary of naval aviation airshow this weekend.  I'll be sure to post the gallery once it's all done, probably about a week after I get back.

Here's a few shots from my time in Waterloo - great show, and next year we've got even bigger plans so if you're in the area swing on in and check it out.

2011 Waterloo Airshow Gallery

Break to land

IMG_0323.jpg

Taxi

IMG_0333.jpg

Snowbird Sunrise

IMG_0792.jpg

CT-133 restored by the Jet Aircraft Museum, aka JAM

IMG_0802.jpg

Harvard II in the morning sun

IMG_0829.jpg

Viper Sunrise Canopy