• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

200 Year Old Pub Uncovered in Manchester

tomahawk6

Army.ca Legend
Inactive
Reaction score
If the liquor is still good after all these years I wonder what collectors would pay ?

http://theweek.com/speedreads/651495/archaeologists-discover-19th-century-pub-full-untouched-bottles-brandy

tomahawk6 said:
If the liquor is still good after all these years I wonder what collectors would pay ?

http://theweek.com/speedreads/651495/archaeologists-discover-19th-century-pub-full-untouched-bottles-brandy

I've been to several, operational, much older pubs in the UK. The back row of bottles on the top shelf all tend to look like they've been there since Hadrian stopped by to wet his whistle on his way to inspect the wall on the Hibernian border.

You know, I dont drink. But I would be interested in one of those bottles for the man cave...

AbdullahD said:
But I would be interested in one of those bottles for the man cave...

You know what my Dad used to call his man cave? "My house".  :)

mariomike said:

Lol see in my family... I pay all the bills, food, insurance, rent etcetera and yet.... it is still my wifes house... my man cave.. which was one wall in the basement were I showcased my Rifles  (locking basement and trigger locked)... was turned into a childs playroom... so now my 'man cave' is one shelf in the closet where all the ammo and firearms are stored :(

Perhaps, I may need lessons on establishing a proper 'man cave'... I can wish :(

One of the perks of being a single dad is that the house is all one big "man cave".  If I want to park the Harley in the dining room for the winter I can.  LOL

mariomike said:

When visitors came round a standard question was: "Which is your chair?"

Standard response: "They're all mine."

Back