• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

2 sets of stuff

armyrules

Reaction score
Hey guys I've heard that it is good to bring 2 sets of everything like (toothbrush,t-paste,razor,s-cream) etc. Now wouldn't the instructor realise that you are not using this stuff and get in trouble when it is nice and clean but never used? Maybe its a stupid question but this was just a thought I had to post. Thanks for all help :salute:

you make it look like you used it ;) ie......for the toothpaste take alittle out of it and so on

Make sure you "dust" off your soap every once and a while too.

I bet after the instructors read this post, they're gonna double check.... doh!  :warstory:

LoL.. I hop they don't double check when i go this summer

You could also bring used stuff, ie. a half full tube of toothpaste (just clean out the cap), soap with the name rubbed off. Your instructors might get a little suspicious when you have a bar of soap that clearly reads 'Dove' 6 weeks into the course. Yeah and soap does collect dust, I got busted on that on my basic.

Good luck.  :)

just switch the two kits up every once in a while and that way there won't be any problems with them cathing on. they already know, what they want you to learn is to keep things quiet and work around problems, the odds are everyone of your instructors did the same thing on their course and still do. word of advice, don't try to fake the towels because they always feel them to see if they have been used or not and you don't want to be stuck with the mangy mofo's who don't shower...

Thanks everyone I hope I didn't blow anyone's cover!! EWW some guys don't shower that is freakin' gross

well when you have hardly enough time to shave not many people want to go into the showers... it is known as the 'shower on a stick' syndrome.. the instructors know who it is... they are usually the ones who make it up at night by showering then...... if you are really pressed for time then get hold of quik-wipes from the mess and just use those to clean yourself off with  :D

Good idea. Can you get up early and  shower or will you get in crap for getting up without permission?

Patrick H. said:
I bet after the instructors read this post, they're gonna double check.... doh!   :warstory:

You do realize that all the instructors were recruits at one time too. It's like parents, were all teenagers once and therefore you can't pull off anything on them, you just think you did. 8)

The two shaving kit system evolved out of saving time...  Even if it only saves you a few minutes in the morning (from having the ensure the cap on the toothpaste is clean, shaving cream cap clean, etc.), those extra minutes can be used making sure that everybody's bed and inspection layout is perfect.

But I agree with the others...use your towel and hang it up to dry.  That's one area of personal hygiene that you don't cut corners on.

I have one container of toothpaste.  It is in a hard case shell.  I hope they dont have a problem with this?

Guys,

RELAAAAAAX,

First of all the early posters were right, we were all there once, yes even the Course WO. Bring two sets of shaving gear and remember the whole idea is about uniformity and standardization. If one person has it then all have it. On some courses I have been on including ISCC we went as far as going to canex and buying a big bag of disposable Bic Razors so that everyone had the same one.

There is not a trick that you can think up that has not already been  tried. There is not a shortcut that has not been attempted.

For gods sake SHOWER! There is nothing that will endear you more to your course mates than having to sit by your filthy body for weeks on end. Oh and you will Shave every day.

Standardization is the name of the game here.

Good luck and have fun!

What he said.

The instructors will know you have 2 sets of crap and you're hiding things all over the place (my favourite was to stick extra hangars behind the desk and the rucksack can also hold a lot before it starts bulging). I also had half used shampoo even though I dont have hair. They issue more kit than is required for inspection and you'll have to hide your civie stuff or go to lockup whenever you want to wear it.

Also, don't hide anything under your beds, especially a suitcase. One day you might find it empited all over your room.

TheCheez said:
What he said.

The instructors will know you have 2 sets of crap and you're hiding things all over the place (my favourite was to stick extra hangars behind the desk and the rucksack can also hold a lot before it starts bulging). I also had half used shampoo even though I dont have hair. They issue more kit than is required for inspection and you'll have to hide your civie stuff or go to lockup whenever you want to wear it.

Also, don't hide anything under your beds, especially a suitcase. One day you might find it empited all over your room.
TheCheez said:
  Is this coming from experience? :D

It really depends... but what the last few guys said, and the early guys is deadon.

Leadership has different standards than recruit division, mind you, esp since the room layouts are different, although some recruit courses sometimes are in Blue due to space issues...

Anyway; the civvy "lockup" (rarely locked, really) was a favourite storage place for all manner of things... we had already been issued a ton of military kit at Prep Year, and often in crazy amounts, so we had doubles of some things, and everything was already marked.

Honestly, the best thing I could ever suggest  you get is a hand-held sewing machine. I remember seeing one on The Shopping Channel two weeks before I left, and never bought it, thinking, Who needs that?  it was like 30$. Well, of course we arrive in St Jean, and find out you have to mark all your kit....  by hand sewing...!  We hit Sears on the weekend and still couldnt find a handheld...

Anyway, everyone generally had a second set of stuff....  the only thing I used was the shampoo I think, and that stopped about midway down, and I bought another one...    the razor can be a cheapie, etc.

and yes, course staff really have heard/seen/done it all.. and many of them are on here telling y ou so :)

my question is do you relley NEED to bring 2 wash kits?
dose it save that mutch time to have 2 of evrething?
or is it a waste of space

Back