• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

2 PPCLI

kelly

Inactive
Reaction score
Hi, I was in 2 VP from 1994 - 2001.  C-Coy 7 and 8 PL and Mortars.  I'm trying to track down some old friends.  Since the move to Shilo I lost track of alot of them.  Anyone know anyone who was or is still in 2 VP during this time???

Ask and ye shall recieve, what and who do you need to find. Lots of guys are gone, but ther are still some old die hards kicking around.  Mortars always had a great canteen not as good as AAP's though.

I was in 7 PL as well.

nobodys canteen was as good as sig platoons!  we had blockers!  you dirty aap and mortar guys kept coming over to steal our coffee!

I was in 7Pl in 93. Is Bill Murray still around? Last time I saw him was in 2002 an dhe had gone to the RP section.

Noneck

i went back for tim wilsons funeral, and saw bill then.  he was in the process of remustering to ???? i cant remember.  i dont think hes an RP anymore.

RADOP thanks for the reply and update. If anyone knows where I can a hold of Bill give me a shout via PM.

Cheers
Noneck

My vote is for the Recce Pl canteen. We could smoke in ours.
I would put TOW's & Mortars tied for second. Sigs, you guys needed work.

I always liked Mortars best.  I know we sucked but we could smoke in our vehicle bay.  at least darth vader never came to visit us

RadOP you dont happen to have a brother in 2 VP do ya ?

Hey guys from PPCLI

I m looking to see if Bob Klingbile is still in the Regiment.  He is originally from Windsor.

If so, can provide a contact email?

Thanks

Greg

He is still in and deployed to Afghanistan.  If I see him I'll point him in your direction...may take a while as the BG is spread out over a large area

Steve, good to hear from ya.

Its been quite awhile since I was in 2VP. I came through battleschool with Andy Lamash, Johnny Fraser, Jim Meek and Joe Boucher. I don't know if any of those guys are around.

ArmyRick said:
Steve, good to hear from ya.

Its been quite awhile since I was in 2VP. I came through battleschool with Andy Lamash, Johnny Fraser, Jim Meek and Joe Boucher. I don't know if any of those guys are around.

andy is a lineman now in edmonton, johnny is in the 3rd, jim should still be in the 2nd, havent seen him in a while, and joe (killer) is out.  i think killer is a carpenter or something now.

I guess I should have been more specific.  Mcpl Meek is still in 2VP.  If you wish I can send your information to him if you want to get in touch with him.

Hey all you 2VP nerds  HA HA made you look...  So this is where you all hang out, with the ol girls from the grant looking up ya...
Just found this site, cool to read the posts from alot of people I know (or used to..)  I am ready to retire, April19 last day, remoostered to Mat Tech in 02, now with 1 Svc BN  Half our shop is ex VP, me, S. Marsh, C. Fisher was bu7t now back to 3VP, M, Miller, fr 1VP,. D. Moss from 1VP, CLEM from 2VP and the list goes on and on...Just got off my Fives, Mark GirXXX was on it as well from Shilo.  I am gonna be workin with Transwest Mining, up in NWT for awhile, gotta make some big bucks for a change.  Saw Ryall and JW Fat couple days ago, Beedle too,  A. Morrison AKA Snowshoes is here as an MP, G. Trenholm is taking over as Q of 3VP (lucky them...)  Anyway enuf is enuf, anyone comin to Edmonton, look me up, take care if yer goin to the Big sandbox, and I'll have some cold ones ready for ya :salute:

Did someone say 2 VP turned Mat Tech nerds?  So you are pulling the plug, Scooter?  Good luck, but I'll call ya in the next little while.  Killer, thats a name I haven't heard in a while.  I wonder how he's making out.  I plan on heading to T.O some weekend....see how Mr Dimauro is doing.  Good to hear from you guys.

Later
Skip

Back