• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

2 must have items for winter training

UberCree

Inactive
Reaction score
For those of you that like to run all winter there are two items you must buy.

1)  Yaktrax. 
Sell at MEC for $35.00.  These will strech over your runners and allow you to run full-out on ice.  They grip very well and do not elevate you far off of the ground.  They have very little impact on your stride and allow you to get a propper grip on packed snow, so you actually use your calf muscles and can get a good push off.

2)  Blackmountain running jacket from SAAN store.  $25.00 for a jacket that would elsewhere (running room, etc.) cost 150.00 - 200.00.  Very nice winter running jacket for CHEAP!  Beleive me I have spent enough on running attire over the years.

$50.00 worth of gear and you are now set.  The rest is up to you.

thanks for the tips...

I was wondering how the running in Quebec in the winter works. Are recruits allowed to use such items, as they are not issued? I have a feeling I will be attending my basic in the peak of winter.  I have no problem doing PT in any condition, but I rather not get injured slipping on ice...etc.

Thanks

R

Warning  downside of Yaktrax

1) while they do work on snow and ice, they have the exact opposite effect on concrete, which feels like ice when wearing them.

2) they are even better at gripping those crappy red carpets that the army has inside all of their doors. So good in fact, they will not come off without a knife.

I use them too!

I love my yaktrax.  For sure you cant wear them indoors or on concrete, but when you live where I do, concrete and pavement are a luxury item hard to find.

Every spring I used to get sore calves because all winter I was not able to get a good push from my calves.  More of a shuffle.  Now I can jam all winter.

Back