• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

2.4 KM run?

Hey all,

Im wondering if the physical requirements stage still requires you to do a 2.4KM run? A friend of mine applied and she never heard anything about a run at her appointment.

Marshall said:
Hey all,

Im wondering if the physical requirements stage still requires you to do a 2.4KM run? A friend of mine applied and she never heard anything about a run at her appointment.

You have read the Physical Fitness Requirements topics (all of them) I presume.

Yeah Wallace, sorry. I should of been more clear.

I read the original fitness standards and such, but noticed it is several years old so i was just wondering. The more up to date standards pages seem to not include a run,but usually include a beep or pacer test.

CF Express is the new standard upon initial recruiting. Make sure that she knows  that not being able to complete it prior to enrolement is not nessessarily a show stopper, but she had better damn well be able to pass it by the time she finished basic. For her own benifit, however: Make sure that she is doing LOTS of 1) running, 2)situps, and 3)pushups...and I don't mean "girl pushups" either. The more of all that she can do, the easier her time in Basic will be. if she can run 5km without stopping, in 30 minutes, and do 30-50 pushups and situps, she should have a relatively easy time going through Basic.

Ah so you do not need it to get in, but it is to your best interests to be able to do it for basic?

Thanks. ^^

Marshall said:
Ah so you do not need it to get in, but it is to your best interests to be able to do it for basic?

Thanks. ^^

How could in NOT be in your best interests? BMQ/IAP gives you a chance to improve your fitness, but give yourself all the help you can, and arrive ready to pass/earn exemption from the CF Expres test.

So we're really glad that you could get this info for"your friend". Hope she was able to gain something from it.

Now that it's been answered.........

Milnet.Ca Staff

Eh she cant join now until 22 since she needs laser eye surgery. Im joining after school tho :) thx for all your help.

Hello there,

My question is regarding one of the portions of the PT test. I am aware of what you have to do for the express test ( Push-ups, sit-ups, beep test, and hand grip)  but when does the 2.4km run come in that i keep reading about? is it a separate portion?  Forgive my ignorance on the topic but that is the only thing that confuses me.

Thanks.

Do we still have an actual running test for a PT standard in the CF?

It is part of the Cooper's Test.  http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/18848/post-103539.html#msg103539 

Back