• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

1st night

Craig M

Inactive
Reaction score
I was sworn in last week with the 31 CER in St. Thomas, and was told to show up this week and just follow the group throughout the night.  More or less I will be standing around watching unless there was activities that I could assist with.

Now my question is what should I be wearing as I have not received any kit.  Are blue jeans ok or should I wear more work pants & T-shirt?.  I don't want to show up and have someone scream " What the (insert swear word).....there are no blue jean allowed"

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

I'm assuming this is a normal parade night? I know guys in my unit who just started parading would wear coverals (those grey ones) that the QM would give them. I don't know if its the same in every unit but in mine as long as you weren't grubby and was looking respectable it didn't really matter (but I also remember guys without any kit and leaving for BMQ being told to wear a dress shirt and tie). I'd suggest to give your unit a call and ask.
Good luck on your first parade night!

wear a pair of black pants, and a white shirt, look respectable, make a good impression

Shirt and Pants sound nice and all... but in the Holding Troop your gonna be doing ***** jobs.  My Reg't didnt have a problem with me wearing a polo and jeans after all they were under my coveralls, you don't want to ruin your nice clothes, I learnt the hard way  :-[

ToRN said:
wear a pair of black pants, and a white shirt, look respectable, make a good impression
Negative, I agree with atticus.
If , on his first night his unit is going to hand him a pair of coveralls and put him to work, wearing "black pants" is going to be very uncomfortable (under coveralls). Call the unit and ask, no such thing as a dumb question. Hey, they might just say "wear some PT gear", that would be much more appropriate for wear under coveralls.

Back